Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Touché Amoré - Lament (October 9, 2020) Album • Page 28

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by amorningofsleep, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

@Drew Beringer How's the art book in the deluxe for Lament? I'm thinking about picking it up but it's a bit pricey.

2. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

I recorded the stream today. I’m going to work on getting it split up should anyone want it.

3. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

Also, been spending a lot of time with the album. Trying to put a finger on this album as it’s such a big shift for the band from a post-hardcore band to something even bigger...

The closest thing I can think of is Underoath and Define The Great Line when they took that huge step from They’re Only Chasing Safety.

4. Yellowcard2006 likes this.
  5. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Alright I did it! Grabbed a couple 7"s they had also.

Was gonna get a shirt too but it jacked shipping up to $16 instead of $6.

6. jeremyxbolm

Touche Amore Verified

Deluxe books for Lament and Stage Four are gone. The Dead Horse X book has about 60 copies left.

Thanks to everyone who tuned into the Livestream. It was such a joy to do. Rehearsing those songs was a real wild experience considering they changed so much in the studio. Maybe someday we'll put out the demos so everyone can hear the differences. The DJ set was really fun after as well. If anyone wanted that link for the playlist here ya go: Livestream DJ Set, a playlist by Touché Amoré on Spotify

7. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

still haven't gotten into the headspace for this one yet.

8. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

9. flask

Trusted Supporter

My deathwish copy arrived today.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  10. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

This record is definitely a high contender for my AOTY but I just caught this line from Exit Row:

“I keep plants indoors, so I have something to kill”

What a silly melodramatic line.

11. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Damnit, my deathwish copy has been stuck at “pre-shipment” since the 15th :tear:

12. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

what is silly about it lol

13. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

idk what you mean that's metal as fuck :teethsmile:

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  14. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I think Jeremy is a seriously great lyricist but I find that line pretty bad ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

15. phaynes12

considering the amount of people/pets in his life that have died and he’s had no “control” over it, having some control over something’s life probably feels a little ... idk the right word here .... empowering? i could also be projecting a bit lol. but the line works for me.

16. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

[IMG]

That’s an interesting take. I guess I hate it a little less now lol

18. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

Love this
    Making me return to stage four a lot.
    palms just hits me in the feels every time.

Unsure which I like more

19. I will say this album has taken over my ears for the last few days. Cannot put this down, it grows on me with every listen. Definitely AOTY material

5Stories likes this.
  20. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

Listened to Stage 4 for the first time in a while the other night and god damn it still hits me like a freight train

21. jeremyxbolm

Touche Amore Verified

This is what I was going for. True story though, when reading the lyrics to everyone before tracking the song, I admitted that this song has arguably the two worst lines I've ever written. I went back and forth on using this, but George from Deafheaven was there with us that day shooting photos and he and Elliot demanded I keep it because they felt it's something highly relatable.

The other worst lyric was the Round Here line, but pleased with the discussion that has formed around it. Same goes here.

Thanks! Hope you all dont mind I keep popping in here. I enjoy it.

sean_rugy, Micah511, duffe and 29 others like this.
  22. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Really love the whole vibe of this album. “Come Heroine” has become an important song to me. It makes me think about the relationship between my son and I. The unconditional love we share and the fact that he saved me. He doesn’t know that yet though.

MegT585 and Carrow like this.
  23. We don’t mind Jeremy, just pls don’t prove Pat right anymore. If he gets too strong we all have to fight him. We cannot afford another uprising

24. phaynes12

glad jeremy is posting here a good amount. the best part about ap.net that never translated over to here were the interactions with people actually out there doing it

25. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

this has become a staple in my weekly listening. just good shit.