Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Touché Amoré – “Skyscraper” (feat. Julien Baker)

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. robargarthan

phillyfradet likes this.
  3. Strikegently

close cover, strike gently

I said this on the announcement thread and I'll say it again: Most Anticipated 2016.

4. CMilliken

Trusted

How is it? I'm not gonna listen to this until I have the full album. Gonna be difficult to not play it.

phillyfradet likes this.
  5. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

the feels

6. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

I try to never listen to the last track of an album without hearing the rest of it. Looking forward to this.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  7. Not really a Touché fan so I had no problem listening to this before the album releases... and damn, that was really good. Probably my favorite thing I've heard by this band.

phillyfradet and Chase Tremaine like this.
  8. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Damn, I am loving this. And I'm merely a casual fan of TA.

9. TheZeroKid

I'm Not Holden Caulfield Prestigious

I haven't heard this yet but I already know this album is going to hit hard. I think Touche Amore might be the most "personal" band I listen to. There are days when I seriously cannot listen to them without being really affected emotionally. But goddamn they're so good.

10. robargarthan

I kinda wish they didn't put this out ahead of the album release. I feel like it's role as a climax/conclusion will now be dampened since I'll have heard it so many times. I'm nervous it won't hit me in the same way in the context of the album.

11. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

He has a really interesting singing voice. I dig the song

phillyfradet likes this.
  12. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Was hoping this was a David Lee Roth cover. Not mad about it, song is good.

13. What a strange/awesome song. Might be the first Touche Amore album I actually love.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  14. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

Wow. That was insanely good.

15. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Both songs released from this album have been killer. Cannot wait for this.

16. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

This is pretty cool. Simultaneously my favorite Touché song I've heard and my least favorite Julien Baker song.

17. jean-luc davis

Shut the FFFFFFRESHFISH UP

First listened to this through my phone speakers and thought I hated it, but I finally got to listen with headphones and I actually like it. I forgot this was supposed to be the closer though and I usually try not to listen to closer songs until I have the full album, but oh well. I'm still really excited for this!