Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Topshelf Records Talk • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by topshelfsquad, Nov 26, 2017.

1. atlas

Trusted

@topshelfsquad are Angle and Balance by Elephant Gym gonna be making their way back to Spotify in the near future?

topshelfsquad likes this.
  2. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

i second this question
    really wanna hear those (since my computer's memory is messed up and can't hold any more files/digital downloads)

3. topshelfsquad

kevin duquette

We only own the rights to release the band's music on CD and vinyl. I've pointed this out to them that their music is not available (and brought it up to tricot and mouse on the keys about their problems with different countries / albums as well), but to no avail.

In the meantime, it's on bandcamp and soundcloud:

AndrewSoup likes this.
  4. atlas

Trusted

Gotcha. Mouse on the Keys and Tricot appear to have gotten it sorted out so hopefully Elephant Gym do the same at some point

5. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

@topshelfsquad yeah, i got tricot's stuff saved on Spotify. thanks for the bandcamp link though, didn't know they had that!

6. topshelfsquad

kevin duquette

hihihi

7. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

This Queen of Jeans album is really good, I could definitely see this band blowing up

8. topshelfsquad

kevin duquette

^_____^

Contender and teebs41 like this.
  9. topshelfsquad

kevin duquette

oh, also FYI!!!

Contender and teebs41 like this.
  10. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

11. topshelfsquad

kevin duquette

seriously unreal. our THIRD move since getting here. I think this is the last for awhiiiiile though.

Contender likes this.
  12. trevorshmevor Apr 6, 2018
    (Last edited: Apr 7, 2018)
    Yo @topshelfsquad any update on the possibility of a pressing for the last Special Explosion record?

Contender likes this.
  13. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

I was hoping maybe they’d have one ready for the tour, fingers crossed

14. topshelfsquad

kevin duquette

happening, just not gonna be ready for the tour.

mesi, trevorshmevor and cwhit like this.
  15. topshelfsquad

kevin duquette

/////

/////

Contender likes this.
  16. cwhit

still super positive!

hey kevin can i be your publicist? i basically do that already here

on a serious note, i mostly just wish i didn't have perpetual writers block these days otherwise i'd def throw something in

17. All I needed to hear! Thank you :)

18. cwhit

teebs41 likes this.
  19. topshelfsquad

kevin duquette

yeah, but BSM might still have copies in the UK, not sure.

20. topshelfsquad

kevin duquette

Just saw this weekend happens to be our eight-year anniversary of being on Bandcamp! What a serendipitous occasion!! So to celebrate, we’re diving deep into our catalog to unearth some gems for a cool deal for you~. In addition to the albums we already give you upon subscribing, we’re adding one album from each of the last eight years—one per year we’ve been on Bandcamp—as a free subscriber bonus. Here’s what we’ll be including:
    ^^^This is for this weekend only! (April 14-15, 2018)^^^

Subscribers will also get the following upcoming albums on their respective street dates:
    Our monthly label subscription also gets you the following:
    • Every album we release after you subscribe delivered to you digitally on release date in your choice of a FLAC, ALAC, MP3 320, MP3 VBR or AAC 256 download
    • A re-usable discount code good for 10% off anything in our webstore
    • A 10% off re-usable code for anything on our bandcamp
    • On occasion, streaming and downloads of rarities, B-sides, demos from our catalog
    • infrequent, but thorough updates on upcoming albums and the artists making them
    • $1 from every subscription is divided equally amongst donations to The Trevor Project, The NAACP Legal Defense Fund and Planned Parenthood.
    To subscribe or get more details on what you can expect from this monthly digital subscription, please peep.

AndrewSoup and KidLightning like this.
  21. cwhit

oh cool the best empire empire release

22. cherrywaves

Trusted

That Oyama album was dope, I hope they put out a follow up soon

23. topshelfsquad

kevin duquette

New Gulfer vid:

/////

Wild Ones start their east coast tour in Boston tonight: http://topshelfrecords.com/roster/wild-ones#tour
    Special Explosion start their full US tour soon: http://topshelfrecords.com/roster/special-explosion#tour

/////

New Giraffes? Giraffes!

"At The Turf Field Behind My Parents' House"—the last track on their new LP, 'Memory Lame'.

Pre-orders for the album are now up on CD, cassette, vinyl or digitally: http://smarturl.it/tsr_181

/////

New mouse on the keys !!!

"Time" (feat. Mario Camarena of CHON)

Pre-orders are up now for their new album 'tres' on CD, vinyl or digitally: http://smarturl.it/tsr_193

/////

tytytyty :heart:

AndrewSoup likes this.
  24. atlas

Trusted

preordered with the quickness bc I love teal records and I have no self control

25. topshelfsquad

kevin duquette

AndrewSoup likes this.