Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Topshelf Records Talk • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by topshelfsquad, Nov 26, 2017.

1. topshelfsquad

kevin duquette

puttin' out that new gulfer biz!

2. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

That’s a nice album cover

3. US Camera

A Humble Snail Prestigious

Dog Bless is such a good album name

jordalsh and trevorshmevor like this.
  4. topshelfsquad

kevin duquette

Wild Ones east coast tour announced:

cwhit likes this.
  5. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

fucking finally

6. oh heck yeah

7. topshelfsquad

kevin duquette

new Gulfer LP out at midnight :)

8. US Camera

A Humble Snail Prestigious

Really glad to see that Caracara is on that SXSW show (as if I didn’t already know about it but shhhh)

9. hi I'm here for the free gulfer

10. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Just came here to say the gulfer lp is awesome

KidLightning and Dr. Phil Jr. like this.
  11. jean-luc davis

Shut the FFFFFFRESHFISH UP

Pretty stoked to listen to the new Gulfer tomorrow. Also pretty stoked this thread exists.

topshelfsquad likes this.
  12. topshelfsquad

kevin duquette

Wild Ones announced a west coast headline run in addition to their east coast dates:

Dr. Phil Jr. likes this.
  13. topshelfsquad

kevin duquette

Oh, and Gulfer's new LP "Dog Bless" is now out everywhere!

Dr. Phil Jr. and KidLightning like this.
  14. topshelfsquad

kevin duquette

Hello! I am here to tell you about Queen of Jeans' new song and their just announced US tour dates:

tour dates: Topshelf Records

tytyty

teebs41, Dr. Phil Jr. and Contender like this.
  15. jean-luc davis

Shut the FFFFFFRESHFISH UP

I feel like I'll be listening to this album throughout the entire summer (and beyond).

cwhit likes this.
  16. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

i got a question for you mr. @topshelfsquad . do the tricot LPs your putting out come with the subscription? I need to know if i should be putting in a pre order for them or if im already getting them lol

17. topshelfsquad

kevin duquette

the new tricot record is a two-song 7". It comes with the subscription, yep. the most recent tricot LP, "3", we released last year, so that's not part of it as it operates on a calendar year basis. With the subscription you can always safely assume the following: if a title is available on a vinyl format, you will get the rarest version available + digital. If not, you will get another format + digital. This doesn't apply for cassette series titles, however, which we treat separately from the rest of the catalog. Our bandcamp monthly subscription does not make this distinction btw—anything we release (catalog AND cassette series) is included—albeit, digital only. Hope that all makes sense!

matthaber likes this.
  18. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

no yeah that all does! I was really more wondering about THE and AND, cause if i read it right, you are putting those out for the first time? I just didnt know if re-release of an old album counted towards it, or if it was only for "new" albums.

19. topshelfsquad

kevin duquette

Also, some updates!

Ratboys are finally back on the west coast and play Portland tonight. Dates / info: http://ratboysband.com

We announced a new album in our cassette series—Pema's "Bad Habits". It's a cool pop project from Alex Napping vocalist Alex Cohen. You can listen / order here:

Pre-orders and a bonkers new song are up from Giraffes? Giraffes!' new album "Memory Lame". Bandcamp describes it as "Experimental indie math rock that's playful in spirit and wonderfully complex in execution." Listen to the first single "Hug of Death" / pre-order the album here:

Queen of Jeans have two pretty crazy US tours coming up with Citizen, Pianos Become the Teeth, TWIABP and Oso Oso:

We announced a new mouse on the keys LP:
    Topshelf Records

Gulfer got some p4k love: Gulfer: Dog Bless Album Review | Pitchfork

20. topshelfsquad

kevin duquette

ah, my mistake! Yes, these and the Elephant Gym re-issues are all included. You can use this URL as a [usually accurate] reference. Topshelf Records

Contender likes this.
  21. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

i wanna buy something for myself as a birthday gift what should i get i'm thinking something from tricot any suggestions y'all?

22. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

if you want tricot I kinda feel like 3 is their most accessible so far so it's a great starting point

23. AndrewSoup

i actually already have that one! haha, got that Navy/White as soon as it dropped

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  24. Pick up Valuables by Enemies! (also happy early birthday!)

teebs41 and AndrewSoup like this.
  25. AndrewSoup

ty ty
    i actually just listened to some of that the other day for the first time and was upset that i didn't listen sooner, it's really good