Toothbrush protocol

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by ForestOfAllusion, Aug 29, 2016.

?

Do you rinse your toothbrush before or after toothpaste is on?

1. I rinse the brush off before toothpaste goes on.

25.0%
  2. I put toothpaste on then wet it before brushing.

18.2%
  3. I wet the brush first, then put on toothpaste, then wet it again before brushing.

56.8%
  1. ForestOfAllusion

Tuck Frump Supporter

I need to know I am not the only one that wets the brush before and after toothpaste is on.

2. Ken

Entrusted Supporter

Anyone who only wets their tootbrush AFTER putting toothpaste on it is a savage.

3. ChaseTx

Hail seitan Prestigious

I... don't really know. I don't think about the process. I definitely wet it after the toothpaste is on, but I may or may not rinse it beforehand too. I think I do.

4. Henry

NYA Moderator

Only before. I don't see a reason for a second rinse.

scott and dylan like this.
  5. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Prestigious

Initial rinse is all that is necessary.

6. chris

Trusted Prestigious

toothpaste first then add water, always have forever so I guess I'm a fucking monster

Ken likes this.
  7. White

HIV/AIDS Prestigious

Forgo brush, squeeze out toothpaste directly into mouth, then add water, proceed to swish.

scott likes this.
  8. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

..... and more importantly:

Do you use a cup to swish water, or just put your head under the faucet, like a cat?

9. ChaseTx

Hail seitan Prestigious

Why would I waste a cup on that

10. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Germs on the faucet. What if someone pooped, because they do.... and touch the faucet with their hands, underneath....

11. PandaBear!

Trusted Supporter

The answer is toothpaste first, then wet it. If you're cleaning the toothbrush properly after each "usage", then what is the reason for wetting it before putting the toothpaste on?

12. MrSwetz

***** Prestigious

You're so incorrect. The other 80% of the people here are incorrect too and they're not even commenting, hiding behind a poll. You wet it to help create the foam and bubbles, and to help bind the paste to the brush, obv. If you wet it after applying paste, you run the risk of the faucet strength knocking the toothpaste off the brush.

Ken likes this.
  13. ForestOfAllusion

Tuck Frump Supporter

I personally think not rinsing before putting toothpaste on is how you put germs right into your mouth. Think about it, in the bathroom your stationary toothbrush is getting plastered with particles shot up by the toilet, grime from the shower, and the like. The least you can do is give it a good once over.

14. Jacob

Trusted Prestigious

Ya I'm fairly certain rinsing before won't eliminate any appreciable amount of germs from your brush compared to rinsing after. I guess if you're a clutz and rinsing before actually helps bind the paste then go for it. Remember not to keep your toothbrush out in the open on the sink cuz mythbusters showed poop particles will get on it. :)

15. ChiliTacos

Trusted Supporter

i'm a savage

Ken likes this.
  16. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

Wet, toothpaste, brush teeth, thorough rinse.

17. Kiana

You look like bad news, I gotta have you Prestigious

ur water pressure must be lit

I switch back and forth. Sometimes I rinse it before, sometimes after. I don't rinse my mouth out afterwards tho. I just spit cause once someone told me you're not supposed to rinse your mouth after and I was like "ok" and stopped.

18. MrSwetz

***** Prestigious

Def above average pressure in my home. Showers are like massages.

Gonna research that not rinsing thing