Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tool Band • Page 30

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, Jun 30, 2016.

1. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I believe victims. I don’t only believe victims when it’s convenient for me. And I believe everyone continuing to vocally support this band and anticipating their new music should be aware of the message they are broadcasting to survivors when doing so. That they won’t be believed.

Joe4th, oldjersey and Carrow like this.
  2. I guess I’m just at a loss how in 2019, with all of society’s ugliness laid bare on a daily basis, how someone putting out a detailed and believable account of abuse isn’t enough to at the very least not froth at the mouth publicly about the band, knowing what that might due to survivors who see it. And there was at least one other person who said something similar happened to them as well! These aren’t obvious Jacob Wohl-esque scams! Naïveté and ignorance aren’t excuses anymore (and I don’t mean like if you’re not online enough to have even heard about the allegations, but rather ignoring how society often treats people that aren’t powerful men).

There’s nothing fishy about someone remaining anonymous in this situation, based on how we KNOW people are treated when they come forward. There’s nothing fishy about nothing else coming of this since the initial accusations because this all being swept under the rug to the benefit of a famous person getting ready to make a bunch of money on their art makes perfect sense if you take a peak at the material world around us

You don’t get to just say “of COURSE I’m anti-rape but this is different” and that’s that

Bringing up “gate keeping” and accusing people of forcing their views on others (lol what’s that sound like?) is not the vernacular of someone taking this seriously. Sorry, I’m not buying it

Joe4th and Carrow like this.
  3. Absolutely love seeing people continuing to support a band whose frontman has been accused of rape and sexual assault tbh!!!!

4. Maverick

Trusted

We should just close the thread then.

Anthony_ likes this.
  5. Just in case I can keep the same discourse from happening for the umpteenth time before folks start reporting each other:

The thread is going to stay open. If we close it, folks will just flock to another website that will let them have that conversation without talking about the allegations. This thread is open to people who want to talk about Tool; that includes their music, any allegations against the band, and everything in between. If you don't like that, there are other forums, and you don't have to post in this thread.

The block button is your friend.

oldboot, oldjersey, airik625 and 8 others like this.
  6. shibbee

Regular

This thread kinda died...

Anthony_ likes this.
  7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious