Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tool Band • Page 29

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, Jun 30, 2016.

1. DesolateEarth

Birb

Yeah I'm gonna hold off too

2. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

these both sound great

theagentcoma and beachdude like this.
  3. angrycandy

I see why Maynard hates his fans tho

stfu

4. TomG

Trusted Supporter

What are the thoughts for those that listened? I’m holding out...but I’m still curious!

5. angrycandy

I liked both a lot and I'm not even a big fan tbh

beachdude and irthesteve like this.
  6. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

They’re definitely Tool songs, very intricate and instrumentally fantastic. I’ll wait for the studio versions to dig deeper but I’m excited.

7. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Descending sounds great. It's part The Grudge, part Pushit (live version), and part Reflection. Maynard has a great vocal section right in the middle. The part where Adam plays the riff from the Instagram video is awesome.

Invincible is also good, Danny absolutely goes off in it. Lyrics are cool too.

8. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

ummmmmmm

Aug 30????????????????

9. Maverick

Trusted

From consequenceofsound.net

10. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Again I’m verrry disappointed Maynard’s allegations got swept under the rug. I used to adore this band, and APC. I had no idea he was notorious for having “groupies”, and then the account of the young girl he raped came out....

His response was terrible, and then no other outlet seemed to pick up the story.

Carrow, Argus, oldjersey and 5 others like this.
  11. I was thinking October so not that far off.

12. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah I really don’t get why everyone is acting like nothing ever happened and are continuing promoting and anticipating this band like normal. That goes for publications and fans alike.

Cameron, Carrow, Argus and 4 others like this.
  13. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Yeah why are we still doing this

Carrow, Joe4th, oldjersey and 2 others like this.
  14. Maddy

Regular

Who's to say this won't be the date they release a single or like a Tool Wine or some other crap

15. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Hey, what the fuck?

Cameron likes this.
  16. DesolateEarth

Birb

If more comes out about Maynard than fuck him. As it is though there hasn't been anything in months.
    I'm not saying he is not a terrible person, but I'm not ready to completely condemn the band just yet.

17. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Publically voicing support sends a loud and clear message to all survivors of abuse. If you wanna listen in private go for it. But recognize the message you’re sending by being open about it

Cameron and Joe4th like this.
  18. Davjs

Trusted

So all it takes is an anonymous user tweet and that's it, shut it all down? It's not like most cases where there is more to it. Different story if it was.

There is an ignore thread button if you need it, but coming in here to tell people to stop talking is weird. No one here is the gate keeper of conversation.

19. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

That’s a bad take, why would I ignore people continuing to support a rapist

Cameron and Joe4th like this.
  20. “Most cases” aren’t heard by anyone and the survivors aren’t even left with the solace of feeling seen or heard, much less any sense of justice. So yeah, when someone comes forward publicly, taking it seriously should be the absolute baseline

oldjersey and Joe4th like this.
  21. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Remember when I asked this two months ago and the thread completely ignored it?

Joe4th and KidLightning like this.
  22. Davjs

Trusted

Yeah, I don't mean to sound insensitive because what he's accused of is horrific. A lot of people aren't ready to cancel a whole band because of an anonymous allegation though. There just isn't more to it than that. Insinuating that means we don't care about victims or rape is wrong.

Seeing you guys getting upset over this thread in the Accountability thread and then come in here shutting everyone down does seem like gate keeping and forcing your views on how everyone should feel like you ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

oldboot and DesolateEarth like this.
  23. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

As I’ve stated on the record multiple times, I’m fine with disrupting conversation and making people feel uncomfortable about supporting problematic artists. I’m not going to stop doing that.

Joe4th and KidLightning like this.
  24. Yeah this certainly reads like someone who gives a shit on any level

Joe4th and oldjersey like this.
  25. Davjs

Trusted

Yeah because you can totally find me on every case of holding someone accountable speaking out and defending the bands.

This totally isn't just a case of what I said about about it being a single anonymous allegation that was denied and making up your own mind. Not at all, we should spin this as to me not giving a shit on any level ¯\_(ツ)_/¯