Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tool Band • Page 25

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, Jun 30, 2016.

1. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

“I’m a straight white dude and could make up accusations about someone you like if I wanted” is a sadistic way to approach the argument

2. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

god this isn’t whether or not your a bad person for wanting more info. do whatever the fuck you want. I simply stated I stand with survivors no matter what and someone came at me with some hypothetical situation where they could get on Twitter and say shit about someone I like. As though if there were accusations about someone I like I wouldn’t drop them. Anyway I’m not playing nice here, fuck all of you who liked that post. I’m out.

Carrow, primavera, Aregala and 2 others like this.
  3. DesolateEarth

Birb

Part of the reason why I avoid getting involved in these discussions is because of the volatile nature of them. And I understand the reason why: there are alot of strong feelings and alot of very bad things associated with them. I know that is hard being a woman in today's world where alot of people support terrible men who do nasty unforgivable things. At the same time, I'm seeing alot of people feeling uncomfortable and leaving this site recently. I see alot of people walking on eggshells too. I just feel like these discussions could be more calm and collected on both ends.

I absolutely believe that he is probably guilty of this, and don't for a second blame anyone for no longer supporting him. I certainly think much less of him, even more so if more comes out. But I would hate to see this turn into a place where discussion is stifled and people are afraid to express their opinions. That seems counterproductive to a healthy forum.

We do alot of good here, exposing and sounding the alarm of sexual assault in the music industry. We could be more effective, I feel, if we just did so without attacking each other so much.

beachdude42 likes this.
  4. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

sophos34 likes this.
  5. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

This whole thing started because people got antagonistic with me over this. I didn’t say anyone who believes him is bad. I didn’t say anyone who thinks the allegations are false is going to hell. I said I always believe survivors. That’s it. It’s telling that that simple statement made people want to argue with me. Spare me the both sides bullshit here please.

Carrow likes this.
  6. Eclipse

Regular

So i went to this thread because i just kinda wanted an update on this situation and saw this and uh...patrick kane is not the defense or example you wanna use. Like, i used to be a huge blackhawks fan, not after this and i dont wanna get into that, but like...there was so many things about the court case that got weird both by defense and prosecutor. also patrick kane is one of the highest paid hockey players currently and the league and blackhawks organization went out of their way to protect him. He had significantly more power and connections to skew things his way. and he wasn't just a party boy before, he had beat up a cab driver and choked a woman over the course of a few years prior.

in regards to tool, i see a lot of peoples defense on various sites being like "oh, this cant be true, from what I know he'd pick out barely legal girls to sleep with and would make sure they were 18!" if he's picking out girls who just turned 18 whos significantly older, its still predatory, he just is checking to make sure he wont get in legal trouble. but he still has significant power that hes abusing. legality shouldnt be the only guidelines for morality.

7. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

you shouldn’t use any examples of people who were “found innocent” (the courts are sooooo good at dishing out justice right), all you’re ever doing is hurting victims no matter what your intentions are.

8. SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  9. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Kuri44, oldboot and stars143 like this.
  10. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Did anything ever come of this? I honestly came into this thread wanting to talk about how well produced 10,000 Days is, and I completely forgot about all of this.

beachdude42 and Nate_Johnson like this.
  11. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

christsizedshoes, beachdude and JM95 like this.
  12. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

glad you got Del Taco dude

beachdude, nl5011 and kyle like this.
  13. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

Lol yea what a pointless read.

On a side note, so stoked to see them in Jax in May. With meshuggah! Metal me is gonna die.

riotspray, beachdude and angrycandy like this.
  14. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

beachdude and JM95 like this.
  15. How long does mixing take?

16. Maddy

Regular

For Tool ? Who knows.

17. Yea...

I think fall is the earliest we see a release.

18. TomG

Trusted Supporter

Based on this timeline, maybe 3 years?

19. christsizedshoes

Trusted

Between how the APC record turned out and the fact that all vocals were tracked months before the instrumentals were finalized, I'm pretty worried tbh

20. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Is Tool/MJK just off the hook or

Joe4th likes this.
  21. Reading just this page (max post per page ofc) from top to bottom makes me feel like I'm losing my mind

Joe4th and OhTheWater like this.
  22. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah I’m done with anything mjk related

KidLightning and Joe4th like this.
  23. DesolateEarth

Birb

I'm gonna give this a shot if it ever sees the light of day. Certain songs on the new APC were good but it was disappointing as a whole.

christsizedshoes likes this.
  24. christsizedshoes

Trusted

I hold MJK's work outside Puscifer to a standard that borders on irrational, so yeah, I found the APC release disappointing.

It was decent, but honestly, several of their peers (see: Failure) have had *much* better comeback records that truly stack up with their original work and don't require "gee it's pretty good for 20 years later!" rationalizations