Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tool Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, Jun 30, 2016.

1. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

Ænema is mine, God I love that song.

I'm really hoping this news is true, they've definitely had enough time to come up with that many songs.

2. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

If only they weren't one of the only bands doing what they do, this would be easier. But these guys are like musical scientists. The topics they choose alone alienate them from everyone else (no pun intended).

3. I can definitely see them fucking with the media about recording and album progress. But at the same time, this leak seems too perfect to be true.

4. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

My b I meant *Push It

5. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

46 & 2 might be my favorite, but it's hard to pick. Danny's drumming in that song is insane though.

6. Horrorca

Trusted

am I the only one who thought "oh no... why" when reading it would be a 2.5 hr double album with all songs over 12 mins

7. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

I mean, by now tool fans should have incredible attention spans. And if it's the only release we will get for the next decade I'll be ok with the long play.

8. Horrorca

Trusted

I had hope of a 40 min, 10 song album with Tool showing they can craft a precise materpiece lol

9. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Why would you ever wish for less music from a band you like

beachdude42, Cameron and bd007h like this.
  10. Horrorca

Trusted

it's not as simple as amount of music (there's a lot to be implied by 12 min songs), but let's suppose it is...

I don't need ten 12 min songs from anyone right now

now, working on that format there is a high possibility that we get lot of meandering moments and wanking, and that's not what I want

of course that's my problem and not Tool's - but still

11. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

It is a theory of mine that the longer the song the more epic it usually is hahaha

12. Horrorca

Trusted

or the harder it flops

short can be epic too

; )

bd007h likes this.
  13. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Thinking Tool and Brand New should release their albums on the same day.

truelovewaits likes this.
  14. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

hm

15. irthesteve

:chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin:

16. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

Tool has been making +8min songs since aenima. they just aren't a short song band. If anything, their albums flow as one big song, so song spacing is pretty arbitrary.

bd007h likes this.
  17. An "update" from toolband.com

TOOL

18. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

Ah, the excruciating patience test that is being a Tool fan.

19. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

How are things going w/ the new record?

Good!

inwaves likes this.
  20. Horrorca

Trusted

I'm getting a new Meshuggah album in October so I no longer care about this - that is all

I still care

inwaves likes this.
  21. irthesteve

that update is amazing, hahaha

22. airik625

image.jpeg

23. Colin Your Enthusiasm Sep 28, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 28, 2016)
    Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Why isn't any of their music available online itunes stores, apple music, etc....? What's the reason? I guess I'll have to listen on youtube but I really don't like listening to full albums on youtube...just curious to know. I'm new to this band and want to FINALLY check them out properly.

24. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

Yea they are a pretty political band, and don't have anything on iTunes, or any streaming service. They don't even have a greatest hits collection.

But you should definitely go buy their albums in a store, or off Amazon or something. This is such an important band.

25. airik625

I'd start with Lateralus.

kyle likes this.