Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tool Band • Page 16

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, Jun 30, 2016.

1. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

oh shit

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Weird that he comes off a bit angry/annoyed

Joe4th, skogsraet and beachdude42 like this.
  3. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah it sounds like he’s wanted his out for a while and the band keeps changing the songs on him.

beachdude42 likes this.
  4. TomG

Trusted Supporter

It’s going to be amazing when it does come out. Honestly it sounds like they are close if Maynard needs to finish one song and then record vocals

5. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

That’s consistent with what he said in his Joe Rogan interview. I think he’s finally tired of waiting and that’s why he’s speaking more openly.

waking season likes this.
  6. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Haven’t heard that interview, I’ll have to check it out. I’m just excited about the prospect of new Tool after all this time. I was in 7th grade when 10,000 Days was released, seems like a lifetime ago.

theagentcoma and beachdude42 like this.
  7. christsizedshoes

Trusted

He's said stuff to this effect for the past couple years, but it seems increasingly hostile now. Hard to tell whether there are real problems behind the scenes, or if social media is just getting under his skin.

None of the other guys have commented with their "side." But assuming MJK's comments are accurate, it is amusing that for so long, he was often assumed to be the one holding things up due to wine/Puscifer/etc.

irthesteve and beachdude42 like this.
  8. JM95

Trusted

I've always found it weird how much of the blame Maynard has borne for the delay given Tool's songwriting process. If you follow Tool even relatively closely then you'll know that if the music isn't done then the vocals don't get done. Maynard's a bit of a dick but he clearly wasn't culpable for the lack of new music.

airik625 likes this.
  9. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I’m not surprised by any of this. Wasn’t there an interview recently where he explicitly says they would have tracks nearly done. Then he would do his part, and they would change the instrumentation so much by the time he was done his parts were out of place??

10. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

He's probably pissed that he's readying a new APC and has to field questions about tool

11. theagentcoma and beachdude42 like this.
  12. theagentcoma

I will ride this hype train straight into the goddamn sun.

13. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

theagentcoma likes this.
  14. theagentcoma

best part of Gilmore Girls imo

sophos34 likes this.
  15. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

16. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

beachdude42 and irthesteve like this.
  17. Maynard sounds sick and tired of the tool shit - both from the band and the fans.

18. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I fully expect that if this album ever comes out, they’ll break up not long afterwards.

skogsraet and Larry David like this.
  19. airik625

I never expected more than one more album from them anyhow.

20. Especially at the rate it takes them to record. He has to deal with social media/fans complaining for years and years and years. I'd get sick of that real quick.

beachdude42 and Larry David like this.
  21. JM95

Trusted

22. airik625

23. airik625

24. theagentcoma

ohmanohmanohman, there are few things I have wanted more than this dumb album

JM95, beachdude42 and irthesteve like this.