Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tool Tour • Page 5

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by redwing91007, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Exactly! I need to see them ASAP again. Live music will never be the same

oldboot likes this.
  2. jmwhit04

May Your Music Break My Eardrums Prestigious

They haven't toured very much over the past few years, let alone on the east coast.

Cgarnsay likes this.
  3. Larry David

I know! This was their first upstate NY show in 15 years!

4. TMS2787

Trusted

I'm 100% going to make the drive to Pittsburgh tomorrow. It's about two hours away and I don't have a ticket… yet but I'll try my luck.

5. Larry David

Please make sure you report back after!

theagentcoma likes this.
  6. TMS2787

Trusted

I got a ticket for 6F, Row K… which is a riser between the floor and lower level concourse. I'm assuming it'll be a sold seat. Paid slightly under face value too. I'm amped.

7. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

I was thinking about shooing over to their set at Gov Ball yesterday but tickets were still insanely expensive. Even Stubhub had tickets 6 hours after doors and they were still over $100. I'd pay that to see a headlining show from them in a closed/controlled space. Anyways, I do have a question. After the 23rd, did the band mention anything about what's going on? I think Danny Carey said the album wasn't close to being done or something in that effect so would they spend more time working on it or just do more random shows?

8. atlas

Trusted

Call me a pessimist but I don't think there is an album. Or, if there is, they don't set aside time to work on it, it's a "happens when it happens" kind of thing. They've been doing these little tours like once a year for a while now and probably will continue to do that, people are gonna come out no matter if there's a new album or not.

on that note, my show is tomorrow! Yay!

suicidesaints and Cgarnsay like this.
  9. Larry David

Enjoy! Report back!

10. Behind the Barricade

What's the benefit of lying and saying they're recording a new album? Just makes no sense.

airik625 likes this.
  11. atlas

Trusted

Who said they're lying? Bands write music and scrap it all the time

12. Behind the Barricade

Well if they're saying they're working on a new album and a new album never comes out, wouldn't that just be the band lying to their fans? It just seems like this new album has been anticipated for awhile and every couple years they come out and say new music is coming with not even a leaked demo. If I was a fan of theirs, I'd be pissed with all of these teasers with not even a note of music to show for it.

Cgarnsay likes this.
  13. Cgarnsay

Trusted

Now that you mention it... I'm pissed off!

14. Behind the Barricade

Let's get one of those petitions going for a new Tool album (even though I'm sure quite a number of them exist)!

Cgarnsay likes this.
  15. Larry David

They played The Pot last night!

airik625 likes this.
  16. TMS2787

Trusted

I haven't really been on here much this week and I'm still reeling from the Cavs loss last night that I saw in person but, anyways…

Monday was really really awesome! I loved almost every second of the show. I have to say that Third Eye was probably the highlight of the set for me. The visuals and light effects where just on another level. The only thing I could've done without was the drum solo. I am never a big fan of any band doing "solos". Just play another song for Christ sakes! Lol. But, besides that I really enjoyed the show. I had a great side-view seat and could see everything perfectly. I hope it's not another ten years until I can see them again.

truelovewaits likes this.
  17. Behind the Barricade

Last night was the Cavs best chance. Knowing the NBA, I still can't count them out haha

18. TMS2787

Trusted

Yeah, it was. They blew it at the end. Hell they blew 7-8 chances in the second when GSW went cold. I'm hoping they can get at least one tomorrow. But… lol

19. Behind the Barricade

Well if we start to see some "mystery fouls" get called on Durant and Steph early on, you'll know what direction the NBA is leaning towards haha. Seriously though, I thought this would've been a more evenly matched final, but then KD finally played some consistent basketball for the first time in these playoffs. If Cleveland got the KD that played against the Jazz, it would've been a 2-1 Cleveland lead.

20. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

So great live. They played it the only time I've seen them live. That was a year or two ago when Primus opened for them.

21. Larry David

They played it in place of Vicarious. I'd rather see Vicarious, but it's cool that they mixed it up!

airik625 likes this.
  22. atlas

Trusted

I feel the opposite and am crossing my fingers that they play The Pot tonight and not Vicarious lol

truelovewaits likes this.
  23. atlas

Trusted

They played The Pot, so I can die and go to heaven now. Show was incredible, band were all at the top of their game (except Maynard, who was still really good). The Grudge was spinebusting. Video board was unreal.

Maynard did say "see you soon" at the end, but in Maynard speak that could mean anything.

coleslawed and truelovewaits like this.
  24. Larry David

Glad you got your wish!

25. JM95

Trusted

COME. TO. THE. UK.