Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tool - Fear Inoculum (August 30, 2019) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by amorningofsleep, May 8, 2019.

1. Yeah, this is all I saw, but that ... doesn't really say anything at all.

2. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

There was a link to a post on 4 chan (I went deep) that claims that it was proof of tying in Reznor, but the timestamp doesn't add up. Just people reaching

3. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

What’s this about Trent?

4. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

In a deleted Tweet, another anonymous account (that was allegedly made minutes before the one accusing MJK) claimed that they were sexually assaulted by Trent Reznor in 1994.

5. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

yeah trent being a piece of shit rapist/abuser would be truly crushing

6. DarkHotline

Man, I don’t really know what to think about that

7. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Without getting too far into doxxing territory, apparently there was a tweet at the end of the MJK thread that had an email address. People googled it and it linked to some guy on PlentyofFish. Could be the survivor's relative, could be the troll. I can't say

Carrow likes this.
  8. socklord

Trusted

If you're going to openly support Tool the way you are in this thread, then you should be prepared to handle any and all justified criticism thrown your way.

Truly shameful that you look at allegations such as these as "spamming," "annoying," and any inquiries about them as just simply "decent reasons."

9. DesolateEarth

Birb

Lets not twist and nitpick my words please. Rape is a despicable act. The allegations themselves are not annoying or spamming. The person in question was the one spamming and being annoying about it.

10. christsizedshoes

Trusted

Barring any new information coming to light, this will probably be the last post I'll make regarding the MJK stuff in this particular album thread.

The original anonymous Twitter allegation is really the only substantial one I've seen, over a year after it was originally made. The other stuff linked today in the Accountability thread is just third person hearsay ("stories have been floating around the industry," "my friend had a similar story," etc.). This leaves us in a frustrating gray zone. I don't think comparing this to the BN situation is very reasonable, as he's unequivocally denied the original allegation. With all due respect, Tool are a bigger and more popular act spanning a longer career, so if this was a pattern of behavior for MJK one might expect a substantial series of follow-up allegations after the first one came to light (especially after his flat-out denial). Is it reasonably plausible that the Twitter accuser described a real attack that was a rare or even one-off offense by MJK? Sure, and I understand why some may choose not to support his bands in light of that. But aggregating all the available information, which includes doubts about the legitimacy of that Twitter user, the case simply isn't strong enough to justify attacking other people who choose otherwise, at least as I see it. Particularly when all we're doing is discussing their music... it's not like everyone who posts in this thread is going to order merch or go to their shows, etc.

I'm always open to new information on the subject, and I actually would like to see an interviewer press him on it, unlikely as that may be.

bd007h and beachdude like this.
  11. phaynes12

hey please shut the fuck up. these are important discussion points that need to happen. don’t be a dweeb. you can listen to the song and enjoy it without deliberately trying to stifle much more important conversations

12. DesolateEarth

Birb

I'm not stifling anything. You have a right to post about real issues such as this. Posting this stuff is important. Just as I have a right to post about the music. A mod came into the tool thread a month ago and made that clear. You can post what you want. Just let me post what I want to. And dont act aggressively if I want to talk about the music until more concrete accusations come out. That's all I ask.

beachdude likes this.
  13. With all due respect, it's really, REALLY bleak that you seem to need someone to be a habitual repeat offender in order to think them assaulting someone matters.

14. phaynes12

“you know what’s a great feature? the block button.”

yeah that’s not what you’re doing and you know it.

15. DarkHotline

This is where I check out. Not disagreeing with people who are speaking out or agreeing with people defending but I’m just not up to dealing with this right now, especially the bit about Trent, that one is hitting me hard. Apologies if I come off as abrasive or uncaring, that’s not my intent.

oncenowagain likes this.
  16. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I can, and have, been aggressive about this. I’ve been ignored for a full year. I think I’m being pretty cordial in here

17. DarkHotline

Before I go though, these people have a right to discuss this in here and you’re being petulant about this.

aliens exist and dadbolt like this.
  18. christsizedshoes

Trusted

That is absolutely not what I said or meant. I said the lack of additional allegations makes it a lot less plausible that it was his MO, which leaves the scenario of it being a rare or single incident as the only really plausible one at this stage. Even if it was the only incident, it would still be horrendous, and it would make him a monster who should've served prison time... hopefully that doesn't need to be said. But in the broader context of weighing the veracity of the original allegation, the lack of follow-up ones is evidence worth considering.

bd007h and beachdude like this.
  19. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I'm not sure where I stand about the Reznor accusation. It was quickly deleted and nothing else has come up about it again. The account was banned

20. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Just remember it’s really hard to come forward when you have an entire fan base looking to discredit you

ItsAndrew, Anthony_, Jake W and 14 others like this.
  21. Davjs

Trusted

It's not that at all. Its literally a handful of people getting riled up in another thread going "I cant believe they are talking about _____. I'm going to make them think like me." and then posting in here. It's not new, we've all heard it. The discussion has been had and instead of ignoring it they can't get over the fact that we aren't doing what they want.

beachdude likes this.
  22. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Why do you feel so comfortable discounting the allegations and getting annoyed at people for bringing them up?

23. socklord

Trusted

Yeah stuff like this should not be ignored. In fact, it should be brought up on every single page of this thread so nobody forgets

24. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I mean, with Pinegrove and shit like that there's at least a discussion that takes place. I'm so frustrated with this because it's literally people just ignoring what happened and not even discussing why they feel the way they do. I think I've done more research today than anyone in here continuing to post about the band has.

Anthony_, aliens exist and CarpetElf like this.
  25. Davjs

Trusted

Why are you so annoyed that people chose to separate art from the artist? Enough to where you've complained alllll day about it? Internet high horses are hollow.

beachdude likes this.