Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tool - Fear Inoculum (August 30, 2019) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by amorningofsleep, May 8, 2019.

1. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Maybe Joe Rogan can ask about the rape accusations

ItsAndrew, FTank, coleslawed and 21 others like this.
  2. Davjs

Trusted

[​IMG]

beachdude likes this.
  3. DesolateEarth

Birb

That title is so so sooooo much better than Chod or whatever the rumor was haha

4. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

5. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

This person claims that there is proof the anonymous person was from /pol/. I can’t find it. I assume if you’re okay listening to the band and ignoring the allegations, you’ve found solid evidence. Could you point me to it?

I’m not trolling, I’m a Tool fan. Have been since grade school. I just don’t know why I’d give them a pass without any sort of evidence telling me it was a lie. Or the other allegations were lies

ItsAndrew, Cameron, y2jayjk and 4 others like this.
  6. christsizedshoes

Trusted

7. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Oops my posts per page are probably different. Check the most recent page of the thread

8. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

beachdude likes this.
  9. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

beachdude likes this.
  10. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

This is the most damning bit of evidence that I’ve seen, but I can’t find anything that says that the posts are by the same person or that they’re from 4chan. Regardless, the replies speak to more instances of this happening. Unless we’re blindly discounting all accusations now

11. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I really can't follow any of that thread, what's the basic idea? There seems to be proof that the Maynard and Trent accusations were fake? I can't tell what's going on, half because I don't really know how to read twitter and half because I don't know who Vic is or most of the phrases that first user uses.

12. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Idk who Vic is either and the person tweeting is a dumbass. Basically they are claiming someone saw the MJK account and an account accusing Reznor of rape in the replies and figured out they were made on the same day, by the same person and that that person was someone on 4chan that did this just because they disagree with MJK’s politics

13. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I’m trying to do my own research but the Trent Reznor accusation acct was banned and the site that tells you when accounts were made doesn’t exist

14. DesolateEarth

Birb

You know what's a good feature on this website? The block feature.

Excited to hear a new song.

beachdude and Davjs like this.
  15. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Get fucked.

ItsAndrew, FTank, Zilla and 11 others like this.
  16. DesolateEarth

Birb

Spamming a thread with this stuff gets annoying, even if it's for a decent reason. There are other ways to get one's point across than trying to shame people still listening to this band.

beachdude and Davjs like this.
  17. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

I'm sure being a victim of abuse gets annoying too.

ItsAndrew, FTank, coleslawed and 18 others like this.
  18. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

ah yes sticking your head in the sand is always the most brave thing to do

i agree with tacos

19. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I apologize to Tool fans for....

Asking if there’s more information available to explain why you feel comfortable supporting MJK? I guess?

20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I'm just here to talk about Rampart

OhTheWater likes this.
  21. The end of that thread doesn't leave me to believe they're a very reliable character:

Screen Shot 2019-07-29 at 5.30.28 PM.png

(I also haven't seen anything that says the two accounts had the same email address, just that they were created relatively at the same time on the same day.)

22. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

lol yeah they definitely have an awful agenda. I just saw that as one of the more coherent explanations (false or not) as to why people are fine writing this off)

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  23. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

yup. Lot of fan sites are claiming they belong to the same acct but i can't find a source

24. DesolateEarth

Birb

I'm not ignoring the accusations. I'm very well aware of them. Maynard is a dick and I wouldnt be surprised if there is truth to them. Fuck him as a human being absolutely.

It is also my choice to continue listening to this band just as it is the choice of someone to listen to Led Zeppelin (Jimmy Page is an admitted pedophile) and other classic rock bands whose horrible problematic behavior have been swept under the rug for decades.

Being aggressive and antagonistic towards people does not make them want to listen to you even if you have good points to make. I dont appreciate being told by people on the internet what I can and cant listen to. Im sorry if that's not what you wanna hear but it is what it is.

navidson, beachdude and Davjs like this.
  25. Yeah, I spent a little time on Reddit (shudder) and Twitter trying to see if I could find the reasoning or more information ... all I've seen is that it's anonymous, there's rumors of a troll operation but I couldn't find my evidence beside a few people saying it, and that post is similar to another story of a fan meeting the band at one point.

iCarly Rae Jepsen and OhTheWater like this.