Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tonight Alive Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Penguin, Apr 7, 2016.

1. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

I actually didn’t hate that one. The mixing still sounds off though.

2. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

3. I dig it.

4. Cmoney86

Trusted

Solo project from Jenna

5. tomtom94

Trusted

'sfine I guess

Vocals are very echoey in parts

6. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

It’s okay. I hope TA comes back though. Consider This EP and WAYSSO? were my absolute fucking jams when they came out. Gave me that early Paramore pop-punk edge just as Paramore was moving away from it.

michael_gatto likes this.
  7. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

The trajectory has been sort of disappointing for the last several years with this band. The last record that they put out was an absolute snore for me. I know that they were going through a lot of stuff individually (not meaning to dismiss that at all) but the last two albums musically just were not it for me. This song is much of the same...just sort of boring.

8. I enjoy Underworld quite a bit. Grew on me a lot.

9. tomtom94

Trusted

Limitless killed them. It was just not a good enough record at the time they were close to breaking through.

Underworld was very solid, but the damage was already done I think, especially with the internal conflicts.

10. TheJMan

Trusted

Yeah this song really does nothing for me. It’s just sort if there which is disappointing.

And I agree with everyone on the trajectory of the band. WAYSSO was such a good pop punk album and Otherside was a solid follow up but Limitless just killed any momentum they had. I thought Underworld was a good step in the right direction.

I haven’t heard about any issues with the band other than a member leaving either during/right after finishing Underworld. What was going on with the band? Did they break up? I haven’t been able to find anything on their status.

11. tomtom94

Trusted

They took a "touring hiatus" at the end of 2018, including cancelling a planned US tour. It may have been linked to the death of a security guard at a festival they were playing shortly before.

They vanished for all of 2019, played two shows before the pandemic hit in 2020, and nothing else since. The last update on their socials was January of 2021. So nobody really knows why, but the band is pretty much dead at this point.

Phantoms, earthlight and TheJMan like this.
  12. TheJMan

Trusted

Jenna just posted an IG story to an article about her solo project and she’s quoted as saying the band isn’t broken up so maybe there’s hope for a return in the future.

earthlight likes this.
  13. Iago Sep 10, 2022
    (Last edited: Sep 10, 2022)
    Iago

forbidden chalice.

revisiting The Other Side and I'm really sad this album doesn't get talked about much anymore. i truly think it was Futures for the Tumblr generation, even Lonely Girl sounds like it could come from that album (reminds me a lot of Just Tonight and Nothingwrong). Hell and Back gives me that same hopeful feeling I would get when I listen to The World You Love. The title track (TOS) is very reminiscent of Kill (this one is probably a reach).

this band often gets written off as another band from the pop punk / warped tour sphere but I think this album was truly special and is waiting to get rediscovered by kids in the future.

Mary V and earthlight like this.
  14. The Other Side was such an important album to me when it was released; I will revisit thanks to you! I really wanted them to be the next Australian band to break through

Iago likes this.
  15. Iago

forbidden chalice.

same here! i have very fond memories waiting for it to drop and The Ocean was my favorite song of all time for years as i really resonate with the subject matter. althought i dont use it anymore, my tumblr username was todayalive for years bc of this album/band

Mary V likes this.
  16. We knew each other on tumblr for years :verysad:

Iago likes this.
  17. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

I miss TA so much. The Consider This EP through The Other Side were so dang good.

For years Wasting Away was probably my most played song.

18. Iago

forbidden chalice.

Revisiting the Consider This EP bc i couldn’t recall a single song from it and the sounds the band was able to do from out the gates are really cool. The guitar work on My Favorite Thing is pure emo good stuff. Revenge & Its Thrills feels like a Vheissu song at times. This band rules