Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tonight Alive Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Penguin, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Jams

Trusted

I really like the new song, but I am the 1 person on the planet who loved Limitless so what the hell do I know lol I think I listen to Limitless more than The Other Side at this point but love both albums.

2. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Really liking the new song. Definitely connects with me more than anything from the last one. Cautiously optimistic for a new album from them!

3. Schooner

Trusted

Also signed with UNFD in Australia today. Premier label for that type of music

4. tomtom94

Trusted

Sounds like something in between Other Side and Limitless. Good song.

5. TheJMan

Trusted

I really like the new song, like many on this thread said I didn't really like Limitless so I hope the next album is closer to their first two albums.

6. Schooner

Trusted

Stoked to actually hear a guitar!! Just heard it finally now. Pretty good

7. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Article talking about the new album.

“‘World Away’ is one of the last songs we wrote from that batch. The sound of it is a representation of the flow we were in during that writing period. We took the lid off a little bit more with our songwriting. It’s probably exactly what we said we were doing with ‘Limitless’ as well, just how there are no rules but I think this is going in the other direction.”

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  8. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Looks like you can get the isolated vocals of the new single on their website if you "check-in."

9. Schooner

Trusted

My favourite Australian rapper
    Song is great
    Jenna sounds scary good in this hip pop format

10. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Just listened to them on the Rock Sound Podcast, and stoked to hear that this new album is definitely going to be more of a rock record.

11. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

New album pre-order on iTunes. Called 'Underworld' and due on January 12th. New single is streaming as well.

TheJMan likes this.
  12. TheJMan

Trusted

Looking forward to their new album, hopefully it's more like WAYSSO and Other Side instead of Limitless. I did like the World Away single so I'm hopefully.

Eric Wilson likes this.
  13. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Eric Wilson likes this.
  14. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

That song is bad.

15. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Definitely hoping for something more along the lines of The Other Side. Love that album. Interestingly enough "World Away" isn't on the track listing.

1. Book of Love
    2. Temple
    3. Disappear
    4. The Other
    5. In My Dreams
    6. For You
    7. Crack My Heart
    8. Just For Now
    9. Burning On
    10. Waiting For the End
    11. Last Light
    12. Looking For Heaven
    13. My Underworld

16. TheJMan

Trusted

Yeah I saw that. They did something similar before The Otherside came out, releasing Breakdown and then it not being on that album. I'm a really big Tonight Alive fan so I was bummed out at Limitless, really hoping for a strong comeback album from them. Haven't listened to Temple yet but hopefully will soon.

Eric Wilson likes this.
  17. tomtom94

Trusted

God damn it that verse is great and then the chorus just... dies.

It's making me sad how much potential this band had and they seem to be squandering it.

18. TheJMan

Trusted

I like it, it's catchy. Better than anything on Limitless but not as good as World Away.

Eric Wilson likes this.
  19. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Song is not good.

20. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Also the production continues to sound strange, similar to "World Away". Can't put a finger on exactly what it is but the songs seem to be lacking depth.

21. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

22. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

TheJMan likes this.
  23. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

From their Facebook page:

[​IMG]

24. Joe Nov 7, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 7, 2017)
    Lynn Gunn feature. Nice. Would not have guessed a Corey Taylor feature ha.

Eric Wilson likes this.
  25. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious