Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tomb Raider (March 16th, 2018) Movie • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by jkauf, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Well, the original apparently still has that so-bad-it's-good appeal to it. Everything about this sounds like it's just a massive slog

Zilla likes this.
  2. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

it’s just bad.

3. fenway89 and zmtr like this.
  4. michael_gatto

Trusted

I saw this tonight and really enjoyed it. Extremely faithful adaptation to the 2013 game, which is a favorite of mine so I was in heaven seeing all of this stuff on the big screen. It's flawed sure, but it's a lot of fun.

5. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I might go see this by myself for $6 bucks

6. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Saw it last night. Only 10 people in my theater. The movie was fine, nothing really special.

7. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

This is about to start and there's 3 other people in this theatre. I got a coronarita though so who cares if this movie turns out to be shit!

Matt, flask, marceting and 1 other person like this.
  8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Box Office is tracking better than I expected. Probably around $30 domestically. Up to $24 million foreign. Budget was around $94 million, so it still has a ways to go.

9. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I liked this just fine. Pretty slow pacing so I can understand why people would find it boring

10. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Really? I’ve got it tracking around $23 million this weekend. By the way I just got back from it. Pretty solid, I really liked this. And there was about 15 people in the theater today. Granted it was a 1:30 showing.

11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Ahh. The numbers I saw must have come too early. lol

12. Groogz

Tranquilo Prestigious

Agreed with the pacing. Specifically the first half. The second half reminded me a lot like Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Cheesy but fun.

ghostedaway and fenway89 like this.
  13. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I enjoyed it. I like how it was more of an origin story.

ghostedaway likes this.
  14. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I really enjoyed it and i think it does a pretty good job of bringing that origins story from the reboot game to the big screen. I thought she was a perfect Lara.

15. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

First half or so isn't so bad but the third act is too confined and too boring. I did like Vikander though and I like the set up mostly so here's to another one if possible.

16. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Vikander was a good choice, I just thought everything around her was kind of bland. The action sequences were mostly good though.

17. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

i thought this was pretty great.
    the big jump from the boat shown in the trailers had me a little cautious, but I was relieved when there weren’t many other moments like that.

michael_gatto likes this.
  18. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I really liked this. A little slow at points. Feels like this years Power Rangers to me where I just loved it despite the flaws and feel like critics/box office got it wrong

19. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Power Rangers was SO GOOD

20. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

this > power rangers, but i was never too into them.

21. michael_gatto

Trusted

Had the same thought about Power Rangers!

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  22. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Just watched it again the other night. I would kill for a sequel with that cast.

23. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Yeah I'd love to see a sequel for that. Hoping this gets a sequel too

24. Iain

Regular

Despite the pretty underwhelming reviews, I actually really enjoyed this. I quite liked that the "emotional soppy" points seemed to be dealt with pretty quickly and not drawn out for the sake of it.

25. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Finally seeing this right now.