Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tom Still Contends He Never Quit Blink-182 • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 21, 2016.

1. RiseAgainst379

Regular

I really liked the Dogs Eating Dogs EP, but I seem to have been the only one. Meh.

That said, as long as there is Blink-182, there will be Tom drama bullshit following it. Regardless of whether or not he is in the band, quit the band, on a hiatus from the band, or whatever the current story is this week.

EdIt: spelling

2. AshlandATeam

Trusted

I'm pretty sure Mark and Travis have both, on multiple occasions said 'here's what's up.' Then, Tom says something nutty and that's that.

One of the most baffling things to me about blink is how when one person acts crazy, it somehow gets out on the other guys. It's really odd. Like that article where Mark and Travis specifically said 'we're not talking about Tom.' And then that was the story - the story of how they weren't talking about Tom.

Tom is out of the band. Matt has replaced him. Since then, it's been a normal, run of the mill album release/touring cycle every band on earth rolls out. All the insanity is in Tom's head (and social media).

fenway89, youngplanetary and Ryan like this.
  3. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

Maybe they'll do a Sum 41 and keep Matt if/when Tom returns!

Chris Prindle and Davjs like this.
  4. austindavispdx

Still on this side of the grass

I like Dogs Eating Dogs. I like Neighborhoods too but they're both kinda lukewarm likes. And I could easily do without Snake Charmer, Love Is Dangerous and Fighting the Gravity.

5. Doug Case

I wish Tom would just stop. Either be in blink, work with the other guys and be adults, or just don't be in the band and stop talking about them.

The new album is going to do really well, the tour will sell good, the shows will be great, and people are once again talking about the band.

Maybe Tom thought the brand and excitement of blink was over and he thought he could be bigger without them, and maybe they wouldn't go on without him? He now sees this isn't the case and the band is doing well, and he is just trying to save face and remain relevant?

I personally like both of the new songs more than anything off Neighborhoods and am excited for the album and the overall excitement around a band that has been a huge part of my life.

LosManosFuertes likes this.
  6. gbuffers

England.

But... I thought he didn't actually quit? I thought they just moved on without him?

7. WetwithSharp

and a little jingle...

8. simplejack

I wish I could say something but silence is fine.

Dear Tom, shut up. I can't listen no more.

9. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Excited to see the documentary Tom is working on, some great sources namechecked In that facebook post.

David Parke likes this.
  10. chickenlover

Said I'm okay, but I know how to lie.

Always those people saying it's "their best in a decade / quite a long time"... seriously? I mean we have 2 releases since 2003, so what's the point? Such an irrelevant statement.

11. LosManosFuertes

Love This Place Supporter

I don't know if that's what Tom is specifically doing, as far as feeling like he's missed an opportunity or whatever, but with all these posts right around blink doing something, it sure as hell feels like it.

12. LosManosFuertes

Love This Place Supporter

Sometimes I feel like Tom is a kid who's banging pots and pans together in the kitchen and screaming "Look at me! Look at me! I have something to say!" But when you ask him what he has to say he basically spews nonsense.

I love Tom for all the music he's given me in the past, but it's getting exponentially harder to stick with the guy...

Raku, bptky and Cola. like this.
  13. Cola.

I was such a looker in the old days Prestigious

Honestly at this point I just want him to go away and stop talking.

Raku and bptky like this.
  14. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

Those 3-4 songs were great

15. bptky

check out Musica - Akron's best live music venue

Glad that Tom's security clearance with all these government organizations allows him to discuss his involvement so freely.

16. Weezer17

Bored to Death sounds like +44 to me, which isnt a bad thing. I noticed that Mark and Matt were kinda singing lazily in the Firefly performance. This was a big complaint of mine why Tom was not that good anymore for Blink.

17. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

In his defense, it was over. I wasn't excited about anything these guys talked about after Neighborhoods came out. It was a fine album and I liked some songs, but it wasn't anything I would anticipate, along with DED.

Matt Skiba is a big reason this band is on the radar again (or the absence of Tom, whichever you prefer to call it.)

18. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

I'd be down for new BCR only, like some poeple have already said ;D

Raku and David Parke like this.
  19. bptky

check out Musica - Akron's best live music venue

So best in a decade basically means better than Neighborhoods and Dogs Eating Dogs... and with the self-titled being outside that 10 year mark, I don't doubt that claim.

20. TheDunkinMaster

"best thing blink has done in 10 years" means it's better than neighborhoods and dogs eating dogs. Did you enjoy it more than the albums released before neighborhoods?

21. TDenverFan

Regular

I kinda wonder if Tom has some mental issues and needs help.

22. Mike J

We talk too much / We talk in circles

Neighborhoods has some great songs but is it a great record? Absolutely not.

23. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

I find it hard to get excited about the new blink album without Tom. The songs I've heard have been bland and forgettable, had a lot of hope for Matt with them.

Raku likes this.
  24. Tim McCall

Regular

Do you really still watch music videos?

25. ManchesterOrch8

Motel. Money. Murder. Madness.

You're absolutely insane. Go look at their views on their HITS.

They'll NEVER crack 100m for these new songs.