Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tom Still Contends He Never Quit Blink-182 • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 21, 2016.

1. GEM37

She haunts the roads

I would just like to remind everybody that the man paid to have an entire animated logo before his short film that gave credit to his imagination.

Not his company. Not his brand. His Imagination.

Just sayin'.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  2. Carlos

Everyone thought the last thing he said was a lie, just because of the interview hoppus worded it wrong. Saying, yeah, I havent talked to him in a year. That was, a year up until he was talking to him. I think there is some very strange times for Blink, and personally, Im leaning towards they patched things up already. They talked already, and Im pretty sure they are just letting this Matt thing ride out, they do have a new record coming out. So itd be weird to be like. Yeah, new album, tour. Tom is back. If you pay attention to most of Mark and Travis's media interviews, the press releases refer to Skiba as a fill in for touring. They just happened to record an album with that fill in. I have listened to 6 songs off of California, they are very Mark heavy. As much as it's pushed in our face that they are recharged they are playing it safe, because theyre more than likely in a year or two gonna be playing these songs live with Tom. You may call me crazy, but the whole lets not talk about it attitude with Mark and Travis makes it seem even more that yes. Tom owns 50 percent of the band. And he is not gonna give it up. His stance that he is still in Blink is probably legal to reinforce if the band is gonna split, he will get his dues, but the other part is pretty sure Matt is just a fill in until Tom can join Blink. It's literally the only thing that makes sense. The press releases say it all with their carefully placed legalese

3. Carlos

You might want to look up Quentin Tarantino, Hideo Kojima, and Robert Rodriguez

fenway89 likes this.
  4. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Your point being?

5. notbrokejustbent

Fairly positive they have confirmed Matt is a full time member.

6. Ben182TX

@TheBenThomas

[​IMG]

Eric and Serh like this.
  7. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Kizwiz likes this.
  8. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

Tom and Travis tweeted back and forth at each other haha

9. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

Tom?

10. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

@Jason Tate maybe you haven't listened to it enough yet but how would you rank it?

fran.182 likes this.
  11. ManchesterOrch8

Motel. Money. Murder. Madness.

Well, apparently Tom lied. Travis had to have called him out personally. image.jpeg

12. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Welp

13. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Editing his post doesn't mean he's lying.

14. ManchesterOrch8

I mean, backpedaling is the equivalent to lying, or at least intense hyperbole.

15. clockwise

I don't know about that. I think most of these posts/edits are being made for legal reasons to be honest.

16. ManchesterOrch8

Well, Travis did that tweet AFTER the last edit, so you'd assume he's not mad about it, I guess?

If I was Skiba I'd be pretty sketched out, unless he's under the impression this is a one off deal that'll be a fun year or two, and then have Tom come back.

If ^that isn't the case, and these conversations are happening behind Skiba's back, that's fucked.

17. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

I can't imagine Matt Skibas part of some agreement where Tom takes time off, lets blink tour and record, and then just comes back as part of some arrangement

18. austindavispdx

Still on this side of the grass

It's blink 182, the numbers will be really high right away regardless. So what counts as a success?

19. clockwise

Yeah, I think there's a lot happening behind the scenes right now. Pretty sure we're just getting a small portion of the full story. Also, I don't think they have come to any sort of arrangement yet, I think there's still a lot of things being worked out and maybe different members have different ideas about what will/should happen? idk. I'm sure Matt is aware of this and is just enjoying being along for the ride.

20. inreverie386

Am I the only one who really liked Neighborhoods?

fran.182 likes this.
  21. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

No of course not

22. inreverie386

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  23. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I liked it a lot.

inreverie386 likes this.
  24. clockwise

Same here, a lot of great songs on that record.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  25. youngplanetary

Liked Neighborhoods. Liked the new stuff.
    Obviously loved their back catalog.

Just honestly bums me out how much drama follows a group of dudes in their 40s haha

Legal issues or not, I wish at least one of them would just be like "here's what's up" and actually be honest.

Idk, maybe that's just me?