Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tom Petty Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Matt Chylak, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

Same here. Damn. Was hoping it might be one of those shipped out early for release day deals. Lol

Kyle Max likes this.
  2. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I said it earlier in the vinyl thread, but I swear, every time I do a pre-order I never get the album until a week or so after the release, whereas when I don't do the preorder, it seems everyone gets theirs before the release date, haha.

3. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

I have 3 or 4 pre-orders right now and not a single shipping confirmation on any of them.

4. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Me, every single time haha

Gnarly Charlie likes this.
  5. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

Yeah it’s rough. Still waiting on Manchester’s repress and that Menzingers From Exile LP. My buddy went all the way in on this Wildflowers release and ordered the most expensive bundle

Kyle Max likes this.
  6. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Same boat with Menzingers. I think that one said roughly November 6th.

7. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Did you have Wildflowers on vinyl before the repress? That’s a super rare record. If not, the 3LP package is what you want... disc three is the 10 “new” songs.

3 LP - Wildflowers & All The Rest

8. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I have one...it was my dad's friend's and it's not in great shape but it plays just fine. I looked at the 3LP but I figured it's too steep for 2/3 of something I already have. Maybe if after months of listening to the new songs and I still want it I'll cave for that

Matt Chylak likes this.
  9. abw123

Trusted

The actual “new” songs are great, unfortunately half of them were on She’s The One in nearly identical form - so not really new at all

10. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Saw this at Barnes and Noble today. Pre-orders always killing me.

11. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Swung by my local record store this morning and picked up the 3xLP version of the Wildflowers reissue, plus the new Dawes album. Good music on the turntable this afternoon!

12. got my shipping email today for the 3LP

13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Same, although it just say the dreaded 'shipping label created' which isn't always the best news because it could still take a while for the next step to occur.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  14. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

15. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

The wildflowers vinyl repress is so damn good sounding

16. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

still waiting on mine to ship. Stokkkked

17. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

I got one from a store here this past weekend. Mine should arrive from his online store tomorrow

18. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Yep, still stuck on 'shipping label created'

19. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

Looks like mine is set to arrive Monday. Can’t wait

20. Mine is supposedly getting here tomorrow!

21. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Saturday

allegedly

22. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

God this is fucking incredible

23. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Kind of bummed Walls isn’t included on All The Rest seeing as 5 of the songs on there also appeared on She’s the One.

24. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

Was the Lucinda Williams petty tribute album not supposed to go live today? I listened to it on Apple Music today but now there’s no trace of it. Music Harbor took it down as well?

25. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Been listening to a ton of Petty lately. Long After Dark doesn't come up in a lot of conversations about his very best albums, but man, that record is fucking stacked. The 1-2-3 punch of "You Got Lucky," "Deliver Me," and "Change of Heart" is right up there with the best stretches of his catalog.