Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tom DeLonge Talks With Kerrang

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 15, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Tom DeLonge sat down to talk with Kerrang:

“I get it – trust me, I love blink and it’s given me everything in my life,” Tom says. “And, you know, I plan on doing it in the future. But right now there’s just no way – I have way too much going on because Angels & Airwaves is a part of To The Stars, and that’s why it works.”

2. Ska Senanake

Trusted

What an interesting situation. I do hope Tom rejoins someday and they make a badass proggy punk rock album but that will most likely never happen.

3. thebencarter

I'd love to see Blink be all 4 of them and be some cool blend of everything but I don't think that'll happen.

Also, I don't understand how they haven't changed venues in Boston - the Paradise is amazing but way too small for them.

4. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Crossed fingers that Tom rejoins one day..

Linton9488, SaveTheEarth and Raku like this.
  5. ZeoVGM

Regular

Hopefully not. He clearly did nothing but hold them back after he rejoined the first time.

And to be honest, this is a shit thing for him to say. That he plans on going back in the future. No, that's not up him and I'm pretty sure Mark and Travis don't look at it that way.

6. somethingwitty

Trusted

I’d love to see him back in Blink one day...give me that 20yr self-titled tour...

Raku likes this.
  7. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

Hey, Tom Thacker stayed in Sum 41 when Brownsound returned, so there is precedent at least.

8. IAmMikeWhite

@IAmMikeWhite Supporter

I like seeing successful Tom. It's cool that new AvA music is coming out, and it feels like he's in good place lately. He doesn't seem as "out there" recently. Also, I feel like another reunion doesn't feel as impossible as it once did, even as recently as the California album cycle. Mark's "The Handsomes ca..." instagram posts and tweets seem to indicate a bit of smoothing over from his end, which is refreshing. I don't know, though, obviously. I won't hold my breath.

That said, the thought of Tom rejoining and Matt sticking around is as delicious a reunion as I can fathom. They NEED two guitars live...desperately.

9. AMC

Regular

I've always thought that Tom had an agreement with blink that one day he will return. It's a business. They are all making money. When Tom finally returns one day, it will be a big deal and will spawn a reunion tour that all us fans will go to.

SaveTheEarth and Raku like this.
  10. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah I'm totally down with two guitarists in the band - opens up a whole new realm of sonic possibilities

11. HarrisonMonopoly

Regular

If I’m Matt skiba, I get my end of tour bonus at the end of the summer and quit.

SaveTheEarth and Brent like this.
  12. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

...Or keep getting that sweet, sweet Blink money for as long as I can.

13. lol @ "I'd quit Blink-182" ... what a self own

14. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Same thing happens with Bad Religion when Brett came back. It started as a sort of guest return appearance for one song, and by the next album he was back in the band.

I could see that happening first for Tom. Make a guest appearance on a Blink album, and if they really like working together, work together as a four piece for an album. I will say Mark’s appearance on Boxcar Racer was cool. Imagine if Blink could ever secretly pull off having a song with Matt and Mark singing, and in pops a Tom vocal cameo. People would go crazy.

Histrionics and JRGComedy like this.
  15. russvanderhoof

pizza.~

Can't go wrong when you follow your heart.~

16. Nolessthanblink

Are You Watching Closely?

Yeah, who's he think he is? Tom!?

17. DooDooBird

Trusted

I imagine Skiba is making more money than ever these days. Why would he fucking quit?

18. jeff.dart

Regular

I’d welcome a 4 man group. That’d certainly be interesting though I doubt it would work.

19. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

No reason for him to quit; in the down times when Blink isn't doing anything, he'll have the money to spend more on producing more Alkaline music with better producers, if he so chooses

20. gbuffers

England.

My initial thought was - why would Mark and Travis accept him back. But you're right - that's why. MONEY. Lots and lots and lots of money.

21. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Idk if you've noticed but they've done great since Matt joined, selling more records than the last one Tom was on and touring more frequently (with no drop off in ticket sales) than they would with Tom treating blink as his side project. Money is not a motivating reason here to do something with Tom.

TheJMan, Davjs, skurt and 2 others like this.
  22. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Pretty sure it's the Xfinity Center

23. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

For the thousandth time, I hope they keep it at Paradise. Show is going to be so fun there and much more memorable.

24. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

He's talking about the AVA show.

25. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

That would be Tom's motivation. Not Mark and Travis's.