Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tom DeLonge Talks Aliens on Joe Rogan Podcast • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Bryan Diem

Trusted

California was an extremely awful album. I'm excited to hear this, Joe Rogan is pretty entertaining for me

2. pbueddi

Trusted

man this is tough to listen to lol

3. Bryan Diem

Trusted

You're right that there's a difference but I don't think this is one of those times. I wouldn't say he sounds pathetic because he seems to enjoy just the depth of what he researches, but he definitely doesn't seem tethered to reality.

4. mattylikesfilms Oct 27, 2017
    (Last edited: Oct 27, 2017)
    mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Dead.

youwontknow likes this.
  5. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Got about an hour in. I’ll finish it today and see what the Syria stuff is all about.

I just don’t think he came off as crazy. He is saying crazy shit but she doesn’t sound crazy to me. I guess time will tell...

Well... you’re probably right but I do want to have an open mind and at least entertain these ideas. I’m most engaged when he talks to the scientifics of all of this.

Bryan Diem likes this.
  6. jorbjorb

7 rings

I was excited to listen to this but after Tom kept saying "I'm not gonna get into that" I had to turn it off. He's still 5 years old. Wow.

slimfenix182 and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  7. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

And I thought Eddie Bravo was the wackiest dude Rogan brought on haha

8. jorbjorb

7 rings

people are throwing money at toms company? I'm thinking it's all Tom's money lol.

upload_2017-10-27_7-55-52.png

9. It being one of the most successful rock albums of the year with a massive single makes it the definition of a better idea for a band that has that exact goal ...

10. Ska Senanake

Trusted

It's a good format for the bullshitters to show their true colors. I love the JRE. I'm going to have to listen to at least 30 minutes of this today. I have a feeling Tom is going to depress the shit out of me. Hey Tom, there's something in the backroom...

11. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

JR: Did you ever think this guy was bullshitting you?
    TD: Oh, fuck no.
    :worried:

Tom's halfway to space already.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  12. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Tom does seem a bit removed from reality (might be a late contender for understatement of the year) but at the same time, he's convinced some very intelligent people to join his cause. Ex-Department of Defense, CIA, PhDs, etc. and I can't imagine his company has the resources to just throw buckets of money at them.

Everyone in this thread seems more than willing to write him off as pathetic but I'd love to see any of the basement dwellers in this thread create and successfully run the companies that he has or rally a team of high-ranking intelligence officers to work under them pursuing their initiatives.

13. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Let's not forget when George Zimmerman and his promoter tried VERY HARD to setup a fight with DMX almost immediately after the Trayvon Martin verdict. I'm pretty sure that one made made me throw up on myself.

fenway89 likes this.
  14. Ska Senanake

Trusted

That avatar!!!

15. Ska Senanake

Trusted

That's his goal though right :crylaugh:

fenway89 likes this.
  16. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Literally anytime Joe asked him a question about his crazy theories, Tom is like "I don't want to get into that" or "People smarter than me deal with that, I don't know". Jesus Christ I feel bad for the guy, but wow.

17. aniafc Oct 27, 2017
    (Last edited: Oct 27, 2017)
    aniafc

Trusted

I mean, yeah...that's kind of how it works. If a company releases a project that a LOT of people like and it makes that company a lot of money and gets them acclaim, then I would say it was objectively a good idea.

that doesn't mean you have to like it, but you can't say it was a bad idea.

Jason Tate and slimfenix182 like this.
  18. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I had to stop, this was bad. I felt awkward just listening.

carrytheweird likes this.
  19. Mr. Serotonin

Oh. Oh no.

Chase Tremaine and carrytheweird like this.
  20. Mr. Serotonin

Man I can't stand that fuckin' guy now. "FLAT EARTH. LOOK INTO IT". Give me a fuckin' break

fenway89 likes this.
  21. ZeoVGM

Regular

But it was great?

22. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

It's funny because you can tell both Rogan and Schaub, when he's on, know that Eddie is just nuts and kind of put up with it haha. Hell of an athlete, but dude is out there.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  23. sethstaubs

you stole (fizzy lifting drinks) Prestigious

Holy fuck, he has raised over $1 million since the podcast. This is the biggest money grab I've ever seen.

jorbjorb likes this.
  24. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

Hey everyone cut the guy some slack, we are being judgmental. Tom might be telling the truth, writing young adult books might be the best way to tell us the truth of the alien conspiracy

:-)

Bryan Diem and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  25. youwontknow

If I smile with my teeth, bet you'd believe me

Was it?

Was..............it?