Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tom DeLonge Interviewed at GQ

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Tom DeLonge of Angels and Airwaves was recently interviewed over at GQ about his upcoming book, Sekret Machines:

Oh my god, yeah. Oh my god. Oh yeah. There are a handful of moments when I remember pulling my truck over to the side of a very busy road when my phone pinged because I knew what was coming. As I was reading it, my hand would be shaking and my heart would be beating like a just ran a mile. Then I’d race over to somebody else’s house and bang on their door at 10 at night and say “You’ve got to come out here. I can’t tell you this over the phone.” It’s just incredible, incredible material. I’ve always been interested in this subject, but once people know that the UFO phenomenon is real and what it’s actually doing and what we’re doing, I think people are going to become as obsessed over it as I’ve been.

The post Tom DeLonge Interviewed at GQ appeared first on chorus.fm.

2. DandonTRJ

~~~ヾ(^∇^ Supporter

:popcorn:

Jason Tate, Dirty Sanchez and Cola. like this.
  3. Cola.

I was such a looker in the old days Prestigious

Lord.

4. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

1st Tom article on Chorus....good times

CMilliken and Jason Tate like this.
  5. DandonTRJ Apr 1, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 1, 2016)
    DandonTRJ

~~~ヾ(^∇^ Supporter

The excerpt really shortchanges just how much delusion and self-aggrandizement oozes out of this interview.

I said it in the foreword of the book and I'm here to say: It's true. It's all true. People are going to be shaken to their core when they find out some of the information I've been asked to communicate.

Guys, the government has wanted to tell us about aliens for so long. They just couldn't figure out how to until the right messenger came along. But now that this pop-punk guitarist is here with his comic books, the whole world will know, once and for all.

Mokena likes this.
  6. Cola.

He sounds like a crazy person. Who knew it would come to this for him huh?

7. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Like maybe his book is actually interesting and shit but the way he talks all the time about everything he does just makes it so I wouldn't read his book if he paid me. Ugh.

8. Cola.

Even getting through this article was a chore

9. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Yes, government officials are going to give top secret info out to a spaced out man. Makes sense.

10. I got to make a new image for him and everything.

:alien:

Ryan, DandonTRJ and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  11. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

It's even funnier because this isn't an April fools joke

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  12. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

FYI that the title of the news post on the main page links to the GQ article instead of into the Chorus post.

13. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I'll continue to say it, his publicist has been doing a great job keeping him out there since the blink debacle.

14. It's supposed to. I've got it set like that on purpose for external links to big pieces.

15. irthesteve

Cool deal, just wanted to make sure it was on purpose since the other news articles were otherwise

16. The ones with arrows next to them are links :)

17. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

HAHAHA

Saw the title of Tom's book and read that quote and seriously thought this was @Jason Tate's April Fools prank and that the link to GQ was going to be a rickroll or something. Wow. Sekret Machines. Cannot believe this is a real thing.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  18. irthesteve

oh man, honestly didn't see the arrow (still can't quite, it's so light-grey!)

19. :crylaugh:

20. I hate your phone and it's screen. That's what I've decided.

Haha. ;-p

21. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Legitimately looks like how you would approximate his voice. I can totally hear you making this up on the podcast using the "I'M SO SOORRRRYYY" voice.

22. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

That GQ link confused me too haha. learning curve.

23. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Isnt there a song where he talked about Sekret machines rising up and gathering?

24. irthesteve

exactly what I'd expect from Mr. Apple over here!

25. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

man you should read him talking about it. bonkers. it actually sounds interesting to me as i'm a space nerd too but OH MAN the way he talks about it and the premise

Crowds ;-)