Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tom DeLonge Comments on New Blink-182 • Page 5

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Jacob Davidson

Regular

Same. All talking about how "real" artists write their own music. It's so dumb. If the music is good, who cares how many people took part in the process? Just enjoy what you want to enjoy.

2. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

He comes off as passive aggressive and bitter about how positive people are reacting. Tom hasn't put out any legitimately good music since I-Empire. Guy just needs to move on

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  3. noKings

Regular

Just give us good music, no matter who is involved. I'm sure we'll all be fine with it. If Tom is crazy, so be it.

4. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

I don't know how to break up quotes like you did , so i'll say:

Paragraph one = agreed, but in a general sense I feel that people who use "punk" methods can get automatically labelled as a closed-minded punk 'elitist' or similar. Like, any dismissal of "pop" is classed as closed-minded even though a person may have legitimate gripes with it, or sometimes certain styles of pop escape further criticism so long as the song is "catchy" or whatever.

Paragraph two = my knowledge of their writing style is admittedly poor. My belief (assumption) was that the 3 of them write together (as I saw on a dvd that came with my copy of Untitled Album) and any producer would tweak when it came into the studio. I guess that isn't the case!

Paragraph 3 = I thought that he mentioned those bands because the writer he was talking about has worked with them? I'm assuming again though because I hugely dislike 5SOS so would never know who writes with/for them!

5. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Don't know why, but when he talks about these secret projects with the Gov't or DoD, it's just kind of hard for me to take those statements seriously.

Dirty Sanchez and Raku like this.
  6. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Exactly. And I remember when the big "controversy" was over Fall Out Boy having Pete write the songs and Patrick singing them. People just love drama.

7. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

It's pretty clear from the last 5-7 records/eps tom has released he needs a producer to.

GEM37 and Raku like this.
  8. CMilliken

Trusted

Jason's Tom impression is much better! hahahaha

sdnyjns and Jason Tate like this.
  9. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

This is me hearing tom speak.
    "Save your breath, I'm nearly
    Bored to death and fading fast"

10. lava890

Regular Supporter

I'm a huge fan of Goldfinger and Feldmann, and I know people change, but it's always funny to listen to the lyrics of Goldfinger's song "Spokesman" in light of what he does for a living now.

------
    When I wanna hear about life
    Don't wanna hear a spokesman
    I don't wanna test
    I want to believe
    The god damn singer wrote the song
    Don't wanna hear a spokesman

Raku likes this.
  11. CMilliken

Trusted

Here's the thing. We have 3 people in Blink right now who are excited to be doing what they are doing. If and when Tom comes back will Tom be dedicated from here on out to Blink? When will all this crap happen again? I'd hate to see them kick Matt to the curb just cause Tom realized Blink is going on with or without him. I almost want Tom just to stick to his own AVA stuff. Is there room to have Matt stick around with Tom back in the band?

12. WetwithSharp

and a little jingle...

hahaha, oh my, Tom.

I think this Bored To Death song is pretty generic, and think it's a regression for them....personally. But it's not like bad or anything.

13. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Dude really thinks he's still in the band

GEM37 and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  14. sdnyjns

I am not a robot

holy fuck this is magnificently shitty haha

15. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Anonymous, avatar-less posters defending Tom. Yep, this is now just like AP

16. simonthm

Now that's just ridiculous.

17. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

First of all, why call someone's opinion ridiculous? And second, I wholeheartedly agree with the post you quoted.

18. Derek Wright

Regular Prestigious

I try so hard to like Tom, why does he make it so difficult? I miss the old "First Date" fun Tom.

19. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Bill Stevenson is the man

Raku likes this.
  20. thetruthisvile

I sing in Sarah and the Safe Word.

Real talk, there are some GC songs that are better than anything AVA has done. /unpopular opinion

Serh likes this.
  21. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

My theory is that Tom gave the okay for Matt to replace him in the band because he never thought they would actually get to the stage of recording and releasing music, and now that they are he's getting jealous and trying to steal the attention back

Surprised nobody is talking about his comments that he met with Mark yesterday and Travis last week, who he supposedly talks to everyday. Do you guys believe that? I don't know if I do

Luroda and Raku like this.
  22. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Not even unpopular.

23. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

There's Good Charlotte ALBUMS better than everything AVA's done

thetruthisvile and Jason Tate like this.
  24. Jake Z

Regular

I believe you enjoy The Copyrights too? Agree about Mike Kennerty, the guy has done some really good things in his young producing career.

I want to like Tom, but he is making it hard. I just hope the rumors of him having legal say in the band aren't true. Or I at least hope he doesn't try to ruin this for the 3 guys who want to be in Blink.

25. circasurviver

Trusted

I thought fun, humorous, and catchy lyrics was all this band ever had going for them.