Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tom DeLonge Announces To The Stars Academy of Arts and Science • Page 4

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 10, 2017.

1. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Nah they're all rockers at heart. Eventually this will fail and this will just become Tom's next band

Raku likes this.
  2. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Does anyone have a link to the presentation?

EDIT: Jk....found it. This is amazing.

Raku likes this.
  3. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Yeah... so correct me if I'm wrong, but it's basically a research group that also makes movies and structured guarantees Tom a paycheck? And from the rest of this forum, a pretty bad investment. I'm all about advancing scientific research, but this seems a little...pyramid schemey to me.

Raku and palebluedot like this.
  4. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

not pyramid schemey, just fucking dumb lol. Tom gets a minimum 100k per year from this regardless and you're buying essentially worthless stock with little to no chance of gaining a profit. For the type of shit he even says they want to do it's guaranteed they'll need to dilute a hell of a lot more too. I get the entertainment aspect of this, that's essentially what Tom thinks will make them money to fund the science projects - but look at the competitors he even puts down for that: Lucas Films, Marvel, DC. Like for real lmao. they can't compete with that.

Raku likes this.
  5. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

In the livestream he said all of those companies hands are completely tied to create the type of innovative science fiction media/films/books he hopes to create.

6. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

probably their polite way of saying "no thanks there's the door"

Raku and skurt like this.
  7. skurt

I actually LOL'd when he said it.

Jacob likes this.
  8. JonnyMac

Newbie Supporter

Is it just me or does the abbreviation (TTS/AAS) seem like the kind of joke old Blink would have delighted in?

9. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Well I haven't seen anything other than this post so on the surface it looked harmless. But yes a ponzi schemes would but tommy delongdong on the naughty list.

10. Jason Tate Oct 12, 2017
    (Last edited: Oct 12, 2017)
    Maybe worth looking into before commenting then. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Raku and BTDandFeelingThis like this.
  11. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

$130,000 by that one youtube guy who looks like Tom and sings like him.

12. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Seriously?????

BTDandFeelingThis likes this.
  13. BTDandFeelingThis

I wouldn't be surprised. But fuck if I know, so yeah sure.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  14. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Nah

15. BTDandFeelingThis

Jason Tate likes this.
  16. Ska Senanake

Trusted

No it isn't. That's a dumb comment. I read Jason's Huffington post article and it doesn't mention ponzi schemes or the financial aspects of this company Tom is creating, potential fraud, etc. It is just exploring what Tom wants to accomplish. Seemed pretty interesting and positive to me. Didn't know I had to conduct extensive research using sources outside said article before commenting that I'm glad Tom is using his insanity in a positive way.

17. Imagine wanting to remain ignorant and actually arguing for it. Weird.

18. BTDandFeelingThis

Also seems like a giant waste of donation money from a guy literally worth millions. I'm all for him doing what he wants to do, even if I think he's gone too far insane, but he is literally worth millions. You believe this stuff is gonna work, why don't you put down that $1M and if it does work I bet you people will support it more.

19. BTDandFeelingThis

It's literally just been all talk. Just DO SOMETHING. Show us something tangible! Not more promises, something the guy is well known for and not following on, all this experimental tech that most experts haven't even done yet and 'historical fiction movies'. And then want your fans to pay for it, in a very shady manner no less? Hard pass. I'll pass on that faster than I'd pass on following a sketchy figure who wants to show me something in a back alleyway.

20. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

So what Network picks up his weekly show? C-Span? UPN? Public Access? I could see this on at 4 a.m. lol

BTDandFeelingThis likes this.
  21. BTDandFeelingThis

Cartoon Network

22. Ska Senanake

Trusted

I never said any of that lol. I read the source article which didnt go into detail about financing it so when i made my comment i did so based on the source information that i was shown. Now that i see the financial structure of it i think its a dumb idea as any logical person would, but for me to be told to do my research before posting an opinion i made based off of the information i was given is extremely snide and uncalled for.

23. FrankieThe4th

things have never been stranger Prestigious

Modlife exclusive.

24. skurt

My monies on TMZ