Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tom DeLonge Announces ‘Gods’ Book

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Tom DeLonge’s next novel, Gods, will be out on March 7th. Pre-orders are up and the full press release can be found below.

Los Angeles, CA (February 7, 2017) – It’s been a busy few days for multi-platinum-selling artist and bestselling author TOM DELONGE: less than a week after The Hollywood Reporter broke the news about his feature film directorial debut on the upcoming “Strange Times” movie, DeLonge is announcing the March 7th release of new non-fiction work, Sekret Machines: GODS (To The Stars…/Simon & Schuster).
    Sekret Machines: GODS, which is available for pre-order by clicking HERE, seesDeLonge and co-author Peter Levenda taking readers on an eye-opening investigative journey to the heart of the UFO phenomenon. The book features a foreword by renowned scientist and author Dr. Jacques Vallee (film buffs know Vallee as the inspiration for the character of French researcher Lacombe in Steven Spielberg’s 1977 blockbuster, Close Encounters of the Third Kind).

“When Tom Delonge asked me to introduce this book, which constitutes a bold re-examination of the meaning and nature of unexplained aerial phenomena, I felt at the same time honored and challenged by the opportunity he offered, because the field has reached a crossroads,” says Vallee. “The sightings have been ignored by academics, summarily brushed off by politicians, censored by churches, classified by the military and ridiculed by the media. Yet the reports continue to come. The experience of the unknown has only deepened, raising unsettling questions about the intrusion of the uncanny in our shiny modern world of convenient machines and superficial entertainment.”

Sekret Machines: GODS is the result of input from scientists, engineers, intelligence officers, and military officials and transcends the speculation of journalists, historians and others whose conclusions are often either misinformed or only tease around the edges. The reader will not discover wild theories or unfounded claims, but instead will confront a solid—if often unsettling—reality, one that demands the collaboration of all of us in every field of human endeavor if we’re to understand and manage its effects. If nothing else, readers will come to the conclusion that the phenomenon is not what they think it is. It’s actually much more serious and potentially much more threatening than they can imagine.
    “Sekret Machines: Gods is the opening salvo on the complacency of human institutions where the UFO Phenomenon is concerned,” says Levenda. “It’s designed to shake people up, to make them question their assumptions. This book is not only a new take on the Phenomenon — by treating it as a given — but a new approach to religion that takes a hard look at religious texts and ideas from around the world to discern the traces of an event that changed us forever. We live at a unique moment in history, when both our religions and our science are directed heavenward: when both the faithful and the scientists are mapping out the way to the stars.”

“Peter Levenda is more than an academic and researcher, he’s a gifted communicator,” says DeLonge. “People will never know how much his early thoughts mattered in the Sekret Machines adventure. It was his ability to frame an esoteric thesis that gave me the ammunition to speak clearly on the subject matter, and thatgot me in the door.”

Sekret Machines: GODS is the first of a three-volume investigative series, to be followed by upcoming editions Sekret Machines: Man and Sekret Machines: War. They follow last year’s bestselling fiction novel, Sekret Machines: Chasing Shadows (co-written by DeLonge and AJ Hartley). The paperback edition of Sekret Machines: Chasing Shadows will be released on February 28th and will include a foreword by Jim Semivan, a former Senior Intelligence Service officer in the CIA’s Clandestine Service.On February 25th at 5pm pst, Delonge, Levenda and Hartley will host a special Sekret Machines Q&A and signing at To The Stars headquarters in Encinitas, CA. Admission is free with the purchase of the 2017 Sekret Machines Essentials Book Bundle. Click HERE for more info.

2. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

:::loud, wet fart noise:::

Dirty Sanchez and Raku like this.
  3. dvdjmskng

The horizon is my home... Supporter

Clicked the preorder link. Read the first sentence. Sighed despairingly.

4. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

But I'm still not done with Poet Anderson! MAN.

5. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

I'll save you some time. (Potential spoiler alert) At the end of the book, Tom Delonge is a terrible writer.

Dan O'Neill, Raku and Craig Manning like this.
  6. RonandTammy

Regular

You know how some people use big words to sound impressive? That's what is happening here.

Also, I think everyone knows Tom didn't write shit, the other person on the book did. I think Tom just came up with the bat-shit ideas and the writer put them to paper and tried to make them sound good.

Schooner and bradsonemanband like this.
  7. Raku

Regular

Seriously wishing that Tom would just focus on music instead of these "art projects" of his =/
    I did the same exact thing after reading the title of this topic along with just quickly skimming the quoted text XD

8. AsfAstAswegofar

Regular

Has anyone read one of "his" books? Are they terrible or great? Not trying to take a dig at this guy, genuinely curious. Also, how much, if at all does Delonge actually write of these books?

9. Jackbo487

Regular

The fact that this isn't called "Aliens Exist" makes me want to cry.

Raku, hongfong00 and jorbjorb like this.
  10. Schooner

Trusted

Title of his autobiography

coleslawed, Raku and Dan O'Neill like this.
  11. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Good God