Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tom DeLonge: “They Have Someone Doing My Job for Me” • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 8, 2017.

1. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Tom's lyrics on Neighborhoods are the worst out of any Blink album. I can remember how insanely pumped I was over Heart's All Gone. Then the rest of the album came and *raspberry*.

2. Carlos

He wasnt the only one skipping out on studio time. It became a constant bitch fest between him and his bandmates if I recall. Something about Tom wanting everything to sound like Coldplay and Mark half assing every song they got to just to spite him. Hence the Dogs Eating Dogs title track was pretty much the gloves are off, if I can recall piecing every bit on banter they had. I also remember back on absolute punk, there was a Blink leaker, who actually leaked all this info to a tee, like current news and everything and they got banned for it. Funny how that delusional user was right at the end of all this. Anyone remember. I mean it became quite the bitching in this community so much he got banned. Guy seemed close to Tom at least. We couldve gotten so much from them in hindsite. It sucks when your favorite band fights like kids, but Tom is not the only one to blame in all of this, I can count many times, where its very clear Mark just wants to dig at him out of spite, whether its on stage, or in interviews.

Raku likes this.
  3. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

@Dirty Sanchez we know its you

devenstonow and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  4. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Omg I just saw this episode/song yesterday! Best show

5. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

"Tom is Blink 182." Heh, Tom was always the least interesting part of the band for me.

AshlandATeam likes this.
  6. JohnnyStacks

Regular

Did ya watch his documentary. Really changed my attitude towards him.

SaveTheEarth and Raku like this.
  7. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

I wouldn't say they're much worse than any other previous Blink album tbf. Plus Mark wrote some crap lines too:
    "Stop living in the shadow of a helicopter"?? (still one of the best songs though).

8. quality post, would read again

hongfong00 likes this.
  9. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

I would pay money to never hear Tom say the word spider on a track again.

10. JohnnyStacks

Regular

11. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

12. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

Just waiting for the day he crashes a Blink stage with his own Mic and Guitar turned up slightly louder than Skibas...that'd be one hell of a Rock Bottom.

13. Davjs, elphshelf, BigMouth and 5 others like this.
  14. JohnnyStacks

Regular

15. Ska Senanake

Trusted

I would love it if Tom came back, only if he wanted to though. Otherwise, keep on keeping on Mark and Travis and errr Matt!

16. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Raku and Petit nain des Îles like this.
  17. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

lol you guys are singing the Mark lyrics which I don't mind at all.

Just don'tWHURE ARE EEEYOUU

Chuck! likes this.
  18. GEM37

She haunts the roads

THUH VOYCE INSIIIDE MYYYYYYYYEEEEEAAAAADDDDD

19. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Really though, Tom's voice has always been a wearing process when listening to Blink albums for me. Specifically Neighborhoods I found very difficult on songs he lead on. When he said "spider" again in that one song I can't remember I cringed the first time.

20. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

I love Tom's vocals

Raku likes this.
  21. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Spyoideeer

Raku likes this.
  22. TedSchmosby

Trusted

this guy doesn't sound well