Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tom Clancy's The Division (March 8, 2016) Video Game • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Anthony_, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

This game must have really not had too many fans on the site, I was surprised there wasn't a thread for it already buried somewhere deep in the forgotten reaches of the Entertainment forum

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  2. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

lol right

btw can we squad together if im lower level than you? im only lvl 7 lol

3. Anthony_ Jan 8, 2018
    (Last edited: Jan 8, 2018)
    Anthony_

We can, and I can just sprint you through low-level content (I might have to lower my World Tier though), but carrying people in The Division through high-level content is difficult because the missions scale the more players are involved.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  4. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

is this game like call of duty where you just walk around shooting stuff? Im looking for something like CoD, Wolfenstein, Titanfall 2.

5. Anthony_

No it's way more of an RPG than just a shooter. It plays like Gears of War or Mass Effect in terms of the shooting/cover system but the enemies are bullet sponges and it's entirely dependent on loot for progression. Think like Diablo if it was a modern-day third-person shooter instead of an isometric fantasy action/RPG.

NJPunkMusic and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  6. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

thanks.

7. Anthony_

Have you played Doom? You should check that out if you want a fun single-player FPS to play.

8. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

Yup got that one when it first game out and loved every second of it. Thanks though for the recommendation. Would have been an amazing one. Games like that are right up my alley.

Anthony_ likes this.
  9. CoffeeEyes17

Anthony_ likes this.
  10. Anthony_

11. Anthony_

So I know I was in chat talking with @tucah, @CoffeeEyes17, and @dylan about this last night, but for the thread I want to post some quick thoughts about my first experience back with the game in more than 8 months.

I loaded into the game and realized that, while my character was at lvl 30, my gear score was only 244. In order to enter World Tier 5 (the most difficult setting that also rewards the best loot), your gear score has to be 256. I played one round of the Underground game mode and immediately went up over 256 based on the drops I got from it. So, long story short, the game is very rewarding now.

I wound up spending basically my entire play session going through several runs of the Underground and had a pretty good time. I got several pieces of set gear and even an exotic weapon drop. I finished the night at gear score 276, which is quite the jump. And I haven't even scratched the surface of the content they added in; I still need to check out the new Resistance horde mode, explore the new Pier area more thoroughly, and eventually do the new Incursions they've added. Once I feel confident enough I may even head for the Dark Zone.

The loot itch is getting scratched for the first time in a long time and I kind of love it.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  12. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

Good to hear! I'm watching through that video now, and the character he's playing around the 2 minute mark looks like someone you'd see on PUBG once they're all looted up lmao

Anthony_ likes this.
  13. Anthony_

It is kind of a similar design aesthetic! Only The Division's graphics are jaw-droppingly good, whereas PUBG still looks like an Arma 2 mod lol

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  14. Anthony_

Oh yeah, the likes are rolling in that means big daddy @CoffeeEyes17 is on the prowl

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  15. CoffeeEyes17

Anthony_ likes this.
  16. CoffeeEyes17

whomst tryna level to 30 hit me up we stay grindin 24/7 RIP grandma we gonna make it to the top John 3:16 keep it 100 steady 365

Joe4th and Anthony_ like this.
  17. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

this was a good vid too, may have helped changed my mind

Anthony_ likes this.
  18. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

Downloading the updates for this right now

Anthony_ likes this.
  19. CoffeeEyes17

this game really opens up once you hit level cap. its like the game cant wait for you to hit the cap because it feels so enthusiastic about all this other content you can do.

its like "hey, congrats on getting level 30! now you can go to a world tier and get better loot! btw heres some daily missions which give good rewards, a weekly mission that can be done at your leisure but also rewards top tier loot, oh did a mention the postgame missions you can do now? those offer some great loot too. hey while i got you here you should probably finish getting supplies for your base so you can maximize your build. oh look at that you can PVP now as well! thatll be neat. say bucko, you ever hear of the Dark Zone? thats some great loot opportunities right there, plus its a really unique experience. ya know i hear Call Of Duty has a really popular Zombie game mode so thats also something you can do for, you guessed it, some great loot! have you ever heard of PUBG? well we took the liberty of putting that style of game mode in our game! check that out when you get the chance. oooo an Incursion, that sounds fun you better go scope that out to see what that is. oh whats this here, a mission to go to the Underground. im sure youre wondering what that is, well its procedural generated dungeons that you can modify and get some really high level gear and set pieces. ya know those missing audio logs and agents arent going to find themselves but dont worry, youll be rewarded for tracking those down! thats a snazzy looking scarf ya got there agent, maybe while youre grinding some of the other content i mentioned youll get a sweet jacket to match! the better you look the better you play right? have you tried all of the weapon types yet? those are all pretty diverse, not to brag, and worth sinking a couple hours into each just to get a feel for them and how mods affect them. maybe try an off meta build while youre at it! the world is your oyster dear player. thank you for purchasing me."

Anthony_ likes this.
  20. Anthony_

Can’t wait til you hit World Tier 5 so we can tear it up

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  21. CoffeeEyes17

im 163 so im almost to WT2. idk if i should do Underground or just keep doing side missions/dailies/etc or maybe just a mixture

but ye we gonna tear it up. btw turns out Incursions are basically raids so thats something we can definitely strive towards

Anthony_ likes this.
  22. Anthony_

They’re like super difficult missions with intricate objectives. They don’t take more than like 45 minutes unless you die a lot. I did two of the four back when I used to play, they can be tough without a good well-geared group. Not exactly like a raid but it’s the closest something in The Division comes.

23. CoffeeEyes17

yes anthony that is indeed what a raid is.

yeah i mean they arent Destiny or WoW or Warframe raids but theyre as close as we're ever gonna get and they look like a lot of fun

24. Anthony_

25. CoffeeEyes17

Anthony_ likes this.