Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tom Clancy's The Division 2 (March 15, 2019) Video Game

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Anthony_, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

[​IMG]

Tom Clancy's The Division 2, published by Ubisoft and developed mainly by Ubisoft Massive, is a loot-based shooter/RPG hybrid for PS4, Xbox One, and PC. The game casts players as agents of the titular Division, a clandestine government agency of sleeper agents who await activation in times of crisis. Six months after a weaponized plague is let loose on Manhattan, a new crop of Division agents are activated and sent to take back Washington, D.C.

Often described as "Diablo with guns," the original Division game launched to much hype but quickly fizzled out due to technical issues, lack of endgame activities, and problems with the loot system. Over the course of three years, the game eventually saw numerous free updates, balance passes, and paid expansions that put it into a strong position. Massive and their partner studios have hopefully learned a lot from the first game and delivered an improved experience this time.

For fans of Diablo, Destiny, Borderlands, Anthem, etc.

PS4 Agents
    @Anthony_ - APD1026

Xbox One Agents

PC Agents

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  2. Anthony_

3. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

i am H E R E for it

4. chris

Trusted Supporter

I think imma pick this up

5. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

I didn’t pick up the first one but was always interested. If my girlfriend is away this weekend I’ll be downloading

6. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Finally beat RDR2, and almost done with DQ 11.

I’m also playing like 4 other games. Plus Sekiro coming out.....anyways I’m very curious about this game. So I’m gonna sub, and watch the first reactions/impressions.

7. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I'll probably end up picking it up later after I see reviews and opinions from friends

8. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I want to get it because I love the original but the beta was meh to me. Guess I’ll wait for reviews

9. I put in over 500 hours on the first game and from my experience in the alpha/betas they've made improvements on every aspect. The overall gameplay loop is essentially the same though so if you are expecting any radical changes or didn't like the first game you should probably skip this one.

I'm incredibly hyped for Friday.

10. chris

Trusted Supporter

alright I preordered this because I haven't learned anything from all the other terrible launches of primarily online games so let's goooooo

DickyCullz likes this.
  11. Anthony_

Been playing since Tuesday and haven't had any problems so far. Been very smooth and fun. Haven't gotten to the endgame yet, though, which is the real test.

chris likes this.
  12. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Waiting to here how the game is solo. Dropped Division 1 3-4 times because it's just not balanced for solo play at all.

13. Anthony_

I've been playing through the campaign missions in match-made groups and it's been going well so far.

aspeedomodel likes this.
  14. DickyCullz

ok if I get this, chorus team up? I Never played Div1 so expecting to be utter pants at this

15. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

16. DickyCullz

alright its on. purchased this morning, so hopefully it'll have downloaded by the time I get home from work

17. chris

Trusted Supporter

hopped on for a bit last night, only played a bit of the first Division, but I still really enjoy that kind of gameplay loop. Can't wait to really get into it tomorrow

18. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

the division 2 is so goooooood. i barely have any complaints. i'm only level 16 but i'm addicted.

19. drewinseries

Drew

Never played 1, but enjoying this a lot. Have no one to play with on PC, if anyone needs someone. Origin is drewinseries.

20. Anthony_

Division 1 was a decent game at launch that wound up dying quickly through lack of content but eventually built itself up into a really fun experience over the course of two years. Division 2 has been way more immediately satisfying and it looks like they really learned from the first game's faults here. It's great so far, although I'm only just now getting to the end of the early game. People seem to really be enjoying the mid-game though (from level 30 up to World Tier 4). Going to be interesting to see what happens once the endgame is unlocked, though.

21. chris

Trusted Supporter

Hit level 10 last night (or just on the verge of it, I forget) and I'm digging this a lot. Loving how much of a challenge the enemy AI is able to put up

22. DickyCullz

only on level 6. Didn't get as much play time as I wanted to this weekend. Probably gonna have slim to none for the next few weeks as work is getting swallowed by Coachella.

Game is great fun though, am yet to have anyone respond to my calls for backup but hey ho

my psn is raininginkyoto

chris and Joe4th like this.
  23. chris

Trusted Supporter

I think they need to maybe incentivize answering calls for help or something, or people just don't want to help me out when gang bosses show up on the map or whatever

Anthony_ likes this.
  24. DickyCullz

most calls I saw were for Freeroam

25. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I get calls all the time in free roam