Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Told Slant - Going By (June 17, 2016) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Mar 19, 2016.

1. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I almost bought it tonight but then I bought Goodness

2. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

i cant judge a decision like that, goodness is incredible.

having said that... I just listened to this, and its something else. Was a very emotional first listen.

3. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

how much was the LP? i'm thinking of maybe getting it in addition to Hotelier merch but this is gonna be the day BEFORE my paycheck so i may not be able to spend much, haha. esp considering Goodness might be pricey, being a double LP

4. matthaber

was 20$ for me.. but they could of inflated the cost considering how shitty the Canadian dollar is. A lot of bands now add 5$ to all their merch when they come to toronto now.

5. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, most items that I saw with a $20 tag had that tag stuck over top of a $15 tag, so I'd assume it was that much. Goodness was $30 here.

6. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

matthaber likes this.
  7. matthaber

song is incredible and it transitions beautifully into the eggs into a basket on the album. The whole thing flows perfectly to be honest and its truly amazing how all the songs fit together. All these songs work amazing on their own but they bring out the best in each other when played in sequence.

Been trying to wrap my head around my thoughts for this album the past day, but my initial impressions are that its hitting me harder than most albums this year. Could see this being my favourite epoch release.

8. wow great song

9. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Just plain vinyl? Or colored?

10. matthaber

i got the bronze coloured one.

11. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Awesome then, can't wait to pick this up next week.

matthaber likes this.
  12. matthaber

"life was not bad, with tall cans and hold hands.
    you're my best friend, and I need you to know that"

Pretty much every song on this album has at least 1 line that gets me to the point of tears. Easily my AOTY at this point. ugh, so good.

13. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

14. cwhit

nope. they're selling it on tour but that's it

15. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Damn it. I didn't have cash on me then. Oh well I'll look out for it on release day

16. MrRobot

Twitter/IG: @scott325

Glad there's a thread for this album. Like the last one quite a bit, but I'm expecting this one to be a pretty big leap forward.

17. cwhit

feel that way about most epoch bands. every single one of them have been taking huge steps up within the last year

MrRobot likes this.
  18. matthaber

its so true, they are all progressing so crazy right now. I have SUPER high hopes for the new bellows later this year. Im expecting a lot from that one.

19. MrRobot

I still need to check out Florist and Bellows. I'm in love with Told Slant and Eskimeaux.

matthaber likes this.
  20. cwhit

New Florist record is ridiculously good. OK is definitely my favorite record from this crew though.
    Small Wonder is real good too

matthaber and MrRobot like this.
  21. matthaber

Sharpless's 2nd record blows my mind and is probably my most listened to at this point. It makes me so mad how talented that whole friend group is lol.

cwhit likes this.
  22. MrRobot

Yeah, OK is legitimately amazing. I have it on repeat all the time.

I always want to count Frankie Cosmos with the epoch too, even though I guess it's technically not, but they're all such good friends and play together so often I end up thinking they're officially part of the same collective.

matthaber likes this.
  23. matthaber

Their tiny desk's concert are something else.

24. matthaber

album will go up on streaming tonight at midnight, get ready folks.

25. MrRobot

I'm glad it's going up before I see them on Monday. Now I'll have a few days to take in the new songs.