Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Told Slant - Going By (June 17, 2016) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Mar 19, 2016.

1. cwhit Mar 19, 2016
    (Last edited: May 2, 2016)
    cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

[​IMG]

as seen on pirates press ROTW:
    TOLD SLANT are co-founders of the NY collective The Epoch, known for their Indie Rock, Lo-fi, Bedroom Pop sound. “Going By” is the second full length from the Brooklyn band. Coming to you courtesy of DOUBLE DOUBLE WHAMMY, a small Brooklyn based label, get your ‘Bronze’, ‘Silver’ or ‘Gold’ from DDW today or you’ll be bummed when TOLD SLANT goes on a 3 month tour starting in May…

2. PyramidPostcard

avocado squirrel rides again Prestigious

Want.

3. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

could be cool

4. cwhit

I didn't love them before but based on the leaps all the other DDW artists did recently, I have high hopes

5. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

i didn't like their previous record, but i'll have to look into this one since i'll be seeing them in May, opening for The Hotelier

6. Threads

Regular Prestigious

If this is anything like the debut, I'm ready for the emotional devastation.

PyramidPostcard likes this.
  7. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

Apparently something "big" is happening tomorrow on the Epoch side of things, im hoping its the official announcement of this. Easily my most anticipated outside of hotelier for this year.

8. matthaber

never dark sided.

pre-orders up on ddw. Wish I could pre-order the vinyl, but its 18$ + 16$ shipping before converting from US to Canadian currency. It sucks buying vinyls right now in canada, sigh.

9. cwhit Mar 29, 2016
    (Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2016)
    cwhit

New song

10. cwhit Mar 29, 2016
    (Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2016)
    cwhit

11. matthaber

love love love the production on this new song, vocals sound amazing.

im really just excited to finally get studio versions of green nail polish and tsunami. Been watching live videos of those songs on a daily basis for some time now.

12. Jason Tate Mar 29, 2016
    (Last edited: Mar 29, 2016)
    Yeah, NPR's SSL certificate is for some reason not working at the moment. Weirdness on their end.

13. cwhit

updated thread with title and stuff

14. adammmmm

serpent is lord Prestigious

this is the best band in the whole world, just fyi. this album will rule.

15. matthaber

16. cwhit

17. cwhit

matthaber likes this.
  18. cwhit

oh wait i've heard this before. i can't think of where. did i see them live? guess so, lol

19. algae

Regular Prestigious

I'm as excited about this album as the rest of this site is excited for Hotelier

20. cwhit

i was right about this likely being an enormous step up

21. matthaber

they played this song at BWM fest 1 so probably heard it there? (I know this because I've watched that set on youtube like 50 times now....) . that chorus is just so unbelievable. Having a different epoch member do the call back each time is a nice addition.

22. cwhit

missed them, i only went to day two
    they played a show at the radio station in 2013 i said i went to but i have no recollection of actually going to it, lol

23. cwhit

direct song link

AndrewSoup likes this.
  24. matthaber

They are selling the vinyl for this album on the current tour. I cant wait to get home and listen to it, OMG

25. matthaber

Low key freaking out that I own this. Hotelier and told slant in a 7 day period. What did I do to deserve this

AndrewSoup likes this.