Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

TMZ Reports Kanye West Has Checked Out of Hospital

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

TMZ is reporting that Kanye West has checked out of the hospital.

We’re told he left the hospital under the care of Kim, and his personal physician, Dr. Michael Farzam … who called 911 the day Kanye was admitted.

2. SayHello

Regular

I say this in all seriousness, but maybe now he can use his tendencies for...outspokenness to be more of an advocate for proper mental health / mental health issues...?

ConArdist likes this.
  3. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I feel like anyone going through something like that has to fight their own battle and continue to fight it before helping others fight theirs, if that makes sense.

Kanye may be well enough to leave the hospital, but he may still have a lot of weight to carry before he should be asked by the world to do something like that. We don't know what he can or can't handle so I don't think putting that responsibility on him would be fair.

4. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Genuinely hope he is okay. I've trashed Kanye so many times, and I'm still very much on the fence about him. But I deal w/ mental illness, I know it inside and out. Hard to feel bad for someone who has made other people feel bad just because, but it sounds like he has some serious shit in his head. Very curious what the diagnosis was, this was more than exhaustion. Each Kanye album, excluding Yeezus and Pablo(because I cannot stand them)has marked occasions in my life. Late Registration helped me get through a tough junior year in high school. Graduation helped me in college. MBDTF helped my anxiety. A fascinating man who I can't totally get behind, but I hope he finds peace. I also personally think being married to any Kardashian is probably one of the worst life decisions a person can make.

5. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

People really never miss an opportunity to trash the Kardashians... Prolly not the thread for that (any thread really).

6. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I feel like he's more likely to do that through his music than any other way

I'd expect a new album sooner rather than later, and probably a lot addressing this

SayHello likes this.
  7. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

IMO I believe you're overthinking what the post said. But, the real issue is mental health being swept under the rug. The word "Suicide" is censored by search engines and doesn't even pop up as a word on the iphone, like it isn't real. Doctors have failed us, the mental health system has failed us. I deal w/ bouts of SEVERE anxiety, to the point it's cost me major opportunities to move ahead in life. We can buy gin and a gun, but a xanax script is a no-no. Kanye doesn't need to speak for the world. Mental health problems existed before Kanye was around.

8. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

Damn, your post was doing kinda okay and then you had to go and screw it up at the end.

Why is this relevant at all to anything about Kayne's mental health? This served no purpose and nobody really gives 2 shits about whether or not you consider marrying someone to be a "good life choice". It's not your life, don't talk bad about it.

9. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Because she's left a trail of acrimonious breakups in her wake...and Kanye is already tormented by the paparazzi so being married to her doesn't help that. Take two steps back and check yourself.

10. Michael Buffone

Honestly, fuck all the bullshit, just hope he can figure out what's in his own head. I've been dealing with crazy anxiety and "bad thoughts" (that's an easy way to say it), since I was knee-high to a grasshopper. It's sucks. All the fucking time. Hopefully he can just get to a point where he's alright and his brain doesn't attack him anymore. Everything else comes second.

(Edit: Long rambly post. Forgive e me and the bottle of whiskey.)

Aaron Mook and ConArdist like this.
  11. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

I'm sorry man. :concerned: You're not alone. I had social anxiety most of my life, that's mostly gone. But after I got back from Africa in 2010 it all changed. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't get off the couch. I go through spells, they used to be more frequent. I also used to drink up to a gallon of hard alcohol a day to try to disappear. Then I abused xanax and had a seizure. I stopped cold turkey on alcohol(shocked I didn't have seizures then), and now I'm pretty happy, and one month from THREE years sober. I blaze all the time but that doesn't count. I have GAD and two weeks ago dealt w/ an awful attack that lasted five days. But I live. I examine them. Oli Sykes really inspires me w/ his whole "find beauty in the depression" thing he sticks to. Speaking of which, waiting for their new DVD to arrive on email so my bad for rambling. Hang in there dude. I've seen hell.

12. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

1. Have you ever tried to buy xanax? It really isn't that much more difficult.
    2. I'm not overthinking what the post said at all because that's exactly what it said. The person is asking Kanye to become an advocate with his outspokenness right out of the gate.

13. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

what? I don't get this angle that Kim gets around/is a terrible person... Kim's relationships have been almost always long term, so the breakups are gonna be messy. I think Kim is the most grounded sister out of all of them. And the paparazzi thing, they're both public figures so it isn't entirely Kim's fault.

14. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

he has done this to a degree (as have a number of rappers, actually) but I think understandably he's still trying to figure out how to deal with his issues and being who he is - especially since his brash ego is a part of his public image - that it's a little hard to ask right now. people need to figure themselves out first before they can be advocates for others, and it sounds like he's still trying to get to a healthy place himself. but, i'm hopeful the hip hop community can learn and grow from this, similar to how it did when Frank Ocean came out.

15. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Aaron Mook likes this.
  16. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

1) He's famous, no matter who he dates there's going to be paparazzi. Bad argument on your part.
    2) Most break ups aren't pretty (especially long term ones like hers have mostly been), even more so when your famous. Bad argument on your part.

Now it's your turn to take two steps back and realize that just because you don't like Kim (for w/e reasons, I dont care why), you don't get to call his marriage to her a bad life choice. Doing that just makes you seem like an asshat because you're commenting on someone else's life negatively for no reason.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  17. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Good point. I know Kris Humphries was messed up by their relationship, but I've entered so many shitty relationships that I can't rationalize so...yeah, I'm not one to talk lol. I just hope Kanye is doing better.

18. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Rumors abound that he underwent MKUltra and shock treatments. People still believe this stuff? Nobody "reprogrammed" Mr. West. Off-topic but just listened to his whole discog again and I think "Roses" may be his best song. Never really caught my attention before, but it's amazing. Anyone agree?

19. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Why does everyone think any criticism of the Kardashians is automatically directed towards Kim? Apologies for continuing this part of the discussion, but anyone who follows Kanye outside the music knows he's had issues/conflicts regarding KUWTK, and Kim is one of, what, seven people on the show? And she's certainly not the one in charge (she has a manager, hint hint...)

20. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Don't we all at some point look negatively at another person, unless truly enlightened? I mean, we're human we call it like we see it. I might be completely wrong, but some people are prone to toxic relationships. I'm one of them. If you've never, ever rushed to judgment then you are officially Buddha and I'm jealous.

21. AelNire Dec 4, 2016
    (Last edited: Dec 5, 2016)
    AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Everyone hates how she got famous and no one would know who the Kardashians/Jenners were if it wasn't for her so everyone hates her for "subjecting us to this reality show family". A few people might know about them since Robert Kardashian was on the OJ trial team but otherwise no. Kim's a boss and has built an empire and people hate her for it.

Who gives a shit about how many people she's dated/married? You do you girl.

Arry likes this.
  22. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

My point was the difficulties he may have with being part of the Kardashian clan clearly comes from someone other than the woman he chose to marry. Namely, Kris Jenner. He used to argue a lot with her for things like not wanting his daughter to appear in the show (a backstage meltdown on some show was about this) and many other things like Kris getting Kylie a deal with Puma when he represents Adidas (he sounded off on twitter about this I believe). I did not offer an opinion on Kim, just my two cents on why he may have difficulties being a part of that family; the most famous family on the planet.

23. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

You asked why the hate was directed at Kim..

24. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Things are getting confusing.

25. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

You said it, echoed my sentiments better than me. Not sure why ppl were so upset over my posts. Kanye clearly struggles w/ fame, and I don't blame him. One negative comment about my music or personal life gets my heart to 120BPM, so I understand. He hates the paparazzi(who doesn't)and being married to Kim exponentially increased that exposure. And I mean he really has been tormented by the papz, I guess because he's easy to set off. And Kris Jenner is, from all accounts, a nightmarish matriarch. I try not to judge, but it's just rather obvious. The guy defending Kim religiously in here is fairly bizarre.