Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Titus Andronicus Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by kpatrickwood, May 3, 2016.

1. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

The enemy is everywhere!

dadbolt likes this.
  2. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

New song is weird

3. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

ive had this for a little bit and its grown on me a lot. it felt sluggish and meandering at first but now i really enjoy it. still find the Dylan cover an odd choice but its alright i guess.

also idk who that is singing on Crass Tattoo, whoever they are theyve got a really great voice. something pretty unique to freshen up the middle of the record.

tucah and dadbolt like this.
  4. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

local_corn likes this.
  5. username

hey you lil piss baby

Is this a single from an album or what's up? Can't find it on Apple Music (at least in Canada), and no Google results for Titus Andronicus + An Obelisk or (I Blame) Society.

6. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

No idea...looks like an EP or an album. Given that it’s not available in the US yet I guess the official release date is 4/2 so there’ll probably be more info by tomorrow.

username likes this.
  7. abw123

Trusted

April Fools Day joke?

8. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

People in other time zones claim to have heard it, so I assume it’s not? Also would be weird if Spotify was pranking people with fake Titus Andronicus singles.

9. local_corn

an existential crisis mixtape

i haven’t heard the recorded version yet but they definitely played this on the last tour. excited for this

10. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

New album, An Obelisk, out June 21

CoffeeEyes17 and local_corn like this.
  11. Leftandleaving

New single sounds far more promising than anything off the last album

12. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Yeah this rips

13. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Oh wow, ok!

14. abw123

Trusted

15. radiodead

Trusted

Bob Mould!

16. abw123

Trusted

Ready for a rock tour too, missed them on the acoustic tour last time around - was not a huge fan of A Productive Cough

17. Icy cold take: The Monitor is definitely one of the five or so best records released this decade. It's kind of crazy how well it has held up.

18. Leftandleaving

the monitor is perfect. feels like they're an entirely different band at this point, tho

19. And I still love the band that they are now. I'm hoping the next record is more in the vein of Tragedy, which is a masterpiece in its own right.

But The Monitor feels just as important to me now as it did when I was 17 when it came out, and the list of records that still hit me in the same way as they did then is very very short.

Leftandleaving likes this.
  20. abw123

Trusted

Tragedy and Local Business are both very, very good too, just not quite as consistent "start to finish" good as The Monitor.

I really liked "A Letter Home", very underappreciated track

21. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

local_corn likes this.
  22. abw123

Trusted

Both of these new songs are absolutely terrific. This album is gonna be great !

23. abw123

Trusted

Any rumors on a tour for this album? Assuming a big one is coming?

24. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

local_corn, Brother Beck and dadbolt like this.
  25. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

That's amazing and crazy

Brother Beck likes this.