Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Titus Andronicus - A Productive Cough (March 2, 2018) Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Feb 12, 2018.

1. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

This is such a slog idunno. I feel like it might click with me in 10 years or something.

jordalsh likes this.
  2. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Real Talk is great, much better than the singles IMO

local_corn likes this.
  3. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

i loved this

dadbolt and local_corn like this.
  4. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Real Talk and MTM were the only songs on here that held my interest.

5. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

May be a case of lowered expectations, but I thought this was really enjoyable on first listen. It was more background than anything, but it made me excited to dig in.

6. adamlikesdogs

@meaninglessritual

Okay one listen through and I thought this wasn't that bad. Home Alone feels completely unnecessary and I'm still not big on Number One, but the other songs are fine. Real Talk especially is a lot of fun. To me, this is probably their weakest effort but not as bad as I feared it might be.

7. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

i like 'like a rolling stone' i mean how could i not, but man just can't get into anything else. i absolute LOATHE the first song. like it offends me how much I dislike it.

jordalsh likes this.
  8. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

This album sounds like someone went to a pub at 2 am, asked the patrons to sing some songs, and recorded it.

jordalsh likes this.
  9. This is good

radiodead likes this.
  10. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I didn't have the most positive first impression of this but I've found myself wanting to spend a lot of time with it this weekend and it's been clicking. It's far from the band's best record but I find the messy, drunken swagger of the album charming and I'm kind of super into it now. "Real Talk" is the easy standout for me.

local_corn and dadbolt like this.
  11. I really like this. Any band who writes a fucking masterpiece like The Monitor (one of the best albums of the decade) will always get a fair shake from me. On the first few listens this is much better than Local Business IMO.

12. GBlades

Trusted

I have never listened to this artist and today I went through A Productive Cough and Most Lamentable Tragedy. Gutted I've been missing out.

matthaber likes this.
  13. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

go listen to The Monitor ASAP

local_corn likes this.
  14. GBlades

Trusted

Noted, I'll need to look at it tomorrow but shall let ye know

15. I'm jealous that you get to experience for the first time - so great

CoffeeEyes17 and Kvothe like this.
  16. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

The monitor is a flawless album

CoffeeEyes17 and Drew Beringer like this.
  17. radiodead

Trusted

The Monitor is one of the great albums of this century.

I really enjoy A Productive Cough. I’ve regressed on Number One. As a single song, I enjoy it. But as an album opener it’s about 4 mins too long. I LOVE the Dylan cover. Bodega is great as well.

18. GBlades

Trusted

Listened to it on the train to work this morning. First impressions were really good. Quite a big difference between the 3 albums I have listened to however I enjoy all 3 releases.

19. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

Right now for me:
    1. Monitor 2. Local Business 3. Productive Cough 4. Airing of Grievances 5. Lamentable Tragedy

20. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

kind of shocked people don't like Number One, it's a great opener - classic TA

four tracks in and this is really good, not going to be something I throw on all the time but really enjoyable

Art Mackenzie and dadbolt like this.
  21. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

This album bums me out, The Monitor is such a stone cold classic.

22. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

band is so frustrating. they continue to show glimpses of being really incredible, like crass tattoo and im like a rolling stone, but spread themselves way too thin and make some really baffling choices (who allowed the backing vocalist dude from the front half of the album to sing?)

23. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Home Alone wears out its welcome in 30 seconds and then goes on for another 8 minutes

primavera likes this.
  24. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

Local Business > The Monitor > The Most Lamentable Tragedy > Airing of Grievances > A Productive Cough

I don't have a strong desire to return to this, unfortunately. I wouldn't call it bad though

25. abw123

Trusted

Good album, feels a little short, but I like it.