Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Title Fight Band • Page 11

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by milogoestoprison, Sep 11, 2016.

1. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

2. Damn I might have to snag that ringer tee

3. Sure I’ll grab a hoodie

Aaron Mook likes this.
  4. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

They had a cyber Monday sale so it’s funny that more was added today just after everything else was on sale. I should have bought the hat I was eyeing when it was on sale

Aaron Mook likes this.
  5. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

Sorry to bump with no TF related news, but this album has been scratching the TF itch these last few weeks

6. Which version of Title Fight tho

7. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

Shed through Spring Songs tbh

8. -deleted-

-

Don’t think there’s really another punk band that scratches the TF itch for me, however when I do get nostalgic for them but want something else, I generally wind up at Polar Bear Club. Very different sounds overall, but they’re tethered in my history from a very specific period of like 4-5 years where I was obsessed with both bands.

HeckYeahMatt and Chcurry182 like this.
  9. -deleted-

-

I also remember how heavily Title Fight’s Shed and Basement’s I Wish I Could Stay Here were compared and contrasted for a while for their similar sounds. Basement got so much better after that.

10. Love and miss PBC

11. cherrywaves

Trusted

Turnover were Title Fight Jr. up until Good Nature

12. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

That’s doing a massive disservice to Peripheral Vision

13. -deleted-

-

Yeah I don’t really see Turnover in the mix as much. But definitely changed sound/progressed with those bands in the same time period. Them and Citizen both started out with more pop punk influence which evolved into an Emo Rock/Alt sound.

14. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

Sasha is definitely a title fight ripoff song

15. -deleted-

-

Genuinely wondering what song of Title Fight’s you’re thinking of cause even on the Kingston EP, TF never sounded that poppy in their vocals or guitar leads.

Leftandleaving likes this.
  16. cherrywaves

Trusted

They made a sudden pivot to dream pop just a few months after Title Fight released Hyperview. Not saying correlation equals causation, and I like Peripheral Vision a lot, but….interesting coincidence

Jim likes this.
  17. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

The only way to bring Title Fight back is to first have Turnover play Sasha again

Snoblin likes this.
  18. mynamesgeneric

Regular

I keep waiting for Austin to take enough psychedelics that he convinces himself this is the path forward.

19. -deleted-

-

I would’ve loved to have seen Bad Seed make a comeback in the wake of their hiatus. Glitterer is very much not my thing.

20. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

How come no one told me about this band? I'm listening to Floral Green and it's flooring me.

21. Man... to listen to Floral Green again for the first time. Holy moly

22. -deleted-

-

I remember the first rip I had for a couple years had a skip in Numb, But I Still Feel It that drove me nuts.

23. Whole album is incredible (my favorite of the decade) but that A-side in particular just blew me away. Hearing them evolve from Shed and incorporate what felt like Nirvana (and even a little Weezer) influence, having "Head in the Ceiling Fan" be my gateway to Hum(!)...incredible time for music discovery in my life. That album ruled the end of high school and early college for me.

24. -deleted-

-

Just recently remembered/wanted the track Missed and did that weird, old guy thing where you find it on Sophie’s Floorboard and then manually upload to iTunes on a computer.

cherrywaves and Chcurry182 like this.
  25. cherrywaves

Trusted

Shame you can’t get that track or re-recorded “Dreamcatcher” on streaming

Anthony_Soprano likes this.