Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Title Fight Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by milogoestoprison, Sep 11, 2016.

1. milogoestoprison

Title Fight is a dope band from Kingston, Pennsylvania, formed in 2003. They are James Rhoden (vocals/guitar), brothers Ned (bass) and Ben Russin (drums) and Shane Moran (guitar).

selective discography:
    the Last Thing You Forget (compilation) (2009)
    Shed (2011)
    Floral Green (2012)
    Spring Songs - EP (2013)
    Hyperview (2015)

2. RealVile

love em! always disappointing live though

3. Inna Selez

Regular

Let's add some links to the video or music.

4. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

They're a really incredible live band imo, the crowd always brings it and the band always sounds really tight. They've got their transitions down pat too. Love every one of their albums, and that Hyperview b side that was on the Orlando comp was really cool. I'd be interested in something more balanced along the lines of Spring Songs though

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  5. cherrywaves

Trusted

Big fan, love all the full lengths (and Spring Songs) dearly

6. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I really think something like Spring Songs would really do big things for them, it seems to be the kind of melding of sound they wanted with stuff like Chlorine, Rose of Sharon, Mrach, even Your Pain is Mine Now

7. cherrywaves

Trusted

The Jamie songs on that EP are two of my favorite TF songs. "Be a Toy" seems to hint at where they were going

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  8. flask

Trusted Supporter

Spring Songs is so good. I like the direction theyv gone in general. And they're really good live. Saw them before Last Thing came out then again on the hyper view tour. They improved dramatically live.

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  9. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

I'm gonna be honest, I still absolutely adore Floral Green.

MikeyPaine and EmmanuelSCastle like this.
  10. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I love all of the songs, but I think Be a Toy and Receiving Line were standouts for sure

you say this like it's a deep dark secret lol Floral Green is so good, it's my favorite of theirs. Hyperview is not far behind at all though.

11. nohandstoholdonto

I've seen a lot of hate for FG over the years tbh. I'm not really huge on anything else they've done outside of a few songs, but that album was very important to me when it came out.

teebs41 likes this.
  12. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I have too, I kind of think a lot of people shit on a lot of bands seen as "RFC bands" for the sake of it. This association that that crop of bands are like pop punk bands playing at being indie or whatever seems to be pretty common, or it was on AP from what I saw. Floral Green is great, they knew exactly what they wanted there. What about it grabs you that the others don't have?

13. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Love Shed and Floral Green, recently re-listened to Hyperview and liked it, which was not the case at all when it came out. Planning on doing a big relisten this week.

14. nohandstoholdonto

kinda hard for me to put to words but I just like the specific balance of aggression and melody they found on that release.

15. cherrywaves Sep 12, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 12, 2016)
    cherrywaves

Trusted

I agree and it's a shame because arguably they grew and integrated influences that, at the time, we're not common in the scene (i.e. Hum, Slowdive). They have always operated and progressed independently of their peers

Also it's pretty crazy to think they've been a band for 13 years

16. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

that's what I like about it too. It's the best of both worlds. That's why I love Spring Songs so much too

Yeah, I agree with you, but I think that whole scene of Scranton bands are really interesting. Some progressed more elegantly and efficiently than others (Title Fight, Tigers Jaw, The Menzingers) but I think all of them were doing some really cool things, and it's a shame they get pigeon holed for albums they did when they were teenagers (not so for the Menzingers because they started as super "legitimate" punk).

17. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

Hyperview is still phenomenal.

teebs41 and EmmanuelSCastle like this.
  18. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Been a minute since I've given Hyperview a listen, but any time I hear those songs I'm still into them. Really do want something more Spring Songs like though

GettingSodas likes this.
  19. Iago

forbidden chalice.

Revisiting their discography right now. "Lefty" still might be my favorite song from the band. There's just so many interesting aspects in that song.

20. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I never did give The Last Things a chance. Liked symmetry when they played that live though

21. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

Floral Green got me into this band. Still one of my favorite albums. I love Hyperview a great deal as well.

teebs41 likes this.
  22. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Listening for the first time and I love hyperview.

23. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

Dude I love Hyperview so much. I hope the band continues in that direction.

teebs41 likes this.
  24. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Ive only been listening to will yip produced records this week for some reason. Haha

GettingSodas likes this.
  25. Borat 2: Vengeance

The Pitbull of Chorus.fm Prestigious

Shed is my favorite, but I love everything this band does. Love me some TF

inwaves likes this.