Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Titans (DC Comics Digital Service, 2018) TV Show • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Davjs

Trusted

I thought Young Justice was the main draw? It is for me :-D

2. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Business-wise it makes sense for them. They make money from licensing it to Netflix without having to build out their service internationally right now. Kinda similar to how Netflix here gets a bunch of British shows that people there probably pay to watch.

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. BackyardHero11

Trusted

yeah it totally makes sense business wise, just from a consumer side it's kind of "what the hell". but I'm sure people internationally may feel that for shows we get on Netflix. either way they have my money. I'm interested in the shows and the whole thing as a service. so I voted with my wallet. it's a solid service so far with potentially to tighten up and get even better. so I'm in haha.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  4. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I mean, unless they bring back Batman Beyond I will not pay for this service. The fact that they already renewed the show for a second season bothers me.

5. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

If they add a lot more comics, that’ll make it more worth it imo. I already pay for Marvel unlimited and comics are something you definitely won’t be getting in a service elsewhere in the same way. But also I really want to see Young Justice: Outsiders. So I’ll probablt be paying next week when Titans premieres.

6. BackyardHero11

Trusted

yeah for sure. we know more comics are coming, I'm satisfied with the shows and movies available and I'm interested in Titans but really stoked for YJ, Doom Patrol, and Swamp Thing. i also don't have marvel unlimited. so many subscription services out there gotta pick and choose haha

Deanna likes this.
  7. Omni

Regular

Dick Grayson is my favorite character in all of comics and I can't tell you how hyped I am to finally see him in live action again for the first time in 21 years. That initial trailer was a bit over the top with the edge but everything else coming out about this show looks great IMO.

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  8. Excited to give this a watch tonight.

9. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Thank you for the reminder to go sign up again.

Jason Tate likes this.
  10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'll give it a watch when I get home. The reviews have me cautiously optimistic.

11. Omni

Regular

First episode was pretty good! Very pleased with the actor they chose for Robin and his overall characterization so far. Liking all of the other characters too and I can't wait to see more Beast Boy.

Jason Tate likes this.
  12. I'll get around to it in the next couple days. So much to watch this weekend.

13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I really liked this! They set the tone very early on with a "Holy shit" moment. The action was good throughout. The intro to Beast Boy was exactly the break they needed at the end.

Some of the dialog felt a little hokey and the Raven actress had some questionable delivery.

Omni and BackyardHero11 like this.
  14. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

This was different than I expected.

15. As a long time Robin fan, this gave me everything I wanted in a first episode. I was shocked how into it I was. Really enjoyable watch.

xapplexpiex and Omni like this.
  16. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah. I thought those trailers were bad but I really dug the first episode.

17. Second episode was also good. I really like this portrayal Dick Grayson.

Whalejaw and Omni like this.
  18. BackyardHero11

Trusted

Doom Patrol was awesome, holy smokes, Brendan Fraiser as Robotman is perfect haha

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I forgot about this and missed the last two. Really wanted to see the Doom Patrol, so I skipped those for now. Really interested to see the direction of that show. Was sad that there was no Crazy Jane.

20. Loooooooved the most recent episode.

Damn that fight scene was great.

21. tvck

Trusted

sooo what you're saying is, is I should subscribe to watch this?

22. I'm very excited for more Jason Todd next week.

Omni likes this.
  23. tvck

Trusted

So this show is fucking awesome.

Jason Tate likes this.
  24. tvck

Trusted

Caught all the way up today. This has to be the best thing DC has done 100% outside of some of their animated stuff. If this is the quality of stuff we can expect from future series, I’m on board.

Jason Tate likes this.
  25. Just seeing an actor play Jason Todd is blowing my mind. I’ve wanted this for my entire childhood. It’s incredible. This world is exactly what I’ve always wanted to watch play out.

I wish we could get Bats in here, but still ... just wow.

Chummel and Omni like this.