Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tiny Things That Annoy You • Page 93

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by angrycandy, Apr 1, 2020.

1. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Man, that makes me think of so many similar ones.

* when the person in front of you has a full cart, sees you have a basket or only a few things, and doesn’t let you go ahead of them

* using a self checkout and something goes wrong or doesn’t scan requiring you to wait for assistance

* doesn’t happen much anymore, but self checkouts that freak out when you out stuff in the bag and screams at you to remove the item or doesn’t register the item and doesn’t let you move on

* when a barcode on something doesn’t work

* “10 for 10” deals where it would ring up as $1 if you just bought one anyway and didn’t need to buy the 9 extra ones

2. Lucas27

Trusted

THIS. DRIVES. ME. NUTS.

1) I specifically came to self checkout to not interact.

2) As a full functional person who has done this a thousand times, I do not need assistance now or ever. If I pressed the wrong button, I can correct my own mistake.

3) If I have to wait for an assistant for more than one minute it's clear that the assistant needs more assistance than I do.

3. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

It seems better now but when they first implemented self checkout at the stores here, the cashier manning them NEVER paid attention if something went wrong. The self checkout is by the Starbucks in the Safeway here and the cashier would always be at the Starbucks counter chatting and it was so annoying. I'm guessing as shoplifting in them became common they started paying more attn cause now there's always someone there

angrycandy, Jbent and trevorshmevor like this.
  4. Jbent

Trusted

I drive about 15-20 min north to grocery shop because the supermarkets near me all consist of the most annoying clientele -

Parking and leaving carriage at the very beginning of aisle, at just an angel you can't squeeze by

The looks people give when you try to sneak by and slightly bump their carriage cause you know, it's in the way

People that are at a complete stand still checking out the shelves until the exact second you are about to pass by them but they continue going forward purposely right as you're about to pass them

trevorshmevor likes this.
  5. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Throwing out my back in the middle of a work call and needing to bail to lay down on a heating pad

6. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Ants

7. Carmen SD

Trusted

“Social media influencer”. Just the word itself. Or anyone calling themselves an “influencer”

8. Kiana

When I lose something but it takes me a while to notice so I can't even think back to where I had it last. Like it just dawned on me that I haven't seen a favorite shirt in a while and when I went to look for it it's misplaced but I have no idea when I even saw it last. Despite it being a favorite shirt lol. If I can't find it this will turn from a tiny annoying thing into raaaage

trevorshmevor and angrycandy like this.
  9. Carmen SD

Trusted

“Empath” and anyone who tattoos that on themselves. Sorry if that applies to anyone here.

angrycandy likes this.
  10. Carmen SD

Trusted

This person literally walked behind my cat when I was backing out. My car was already pulling out of the space. Of course the guy was on their phone not paying attention!! I nearly hit them

11. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

BCFEB116-CDB4-4A84-BC7E-CAC344F8F0F5.jpeg

When this happens

12. Jbent

Trusted

Knuckle cuts that just won't heal!

13. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

iPhone commercials that have the alarm clock sound

14. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

This sounds like an emo band lyric.

15. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

When someone responds to your email with a question that was already given a detailed answer in the email they're responding to and you have to figure out a way to reply that doesn't make them sound or feel dumb

16. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Geico motorcycle insurance commercials

17. When someone puts me on speaker phone and then complain that they can’t hear me very well. AHHHHHH!!!

18. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Knuckle cuts that just won't heal
    I drink so I can forget how to feel
    Your voice still echoes through these empty halls
    So long ago but still got my me punching walls
    *release palm mute, power chords intensify*

Colby Searcy likes this.
  19. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

drinking something that's not what you expected it to be

20. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

An overripe or underripe banana

also thinking of posting “a perfectly ripe banana” in the Reasons to Keep Living Thread...

21. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

it was today when I first learned that Stephen Crowder used to do voice-over work on the show Arthur and I don't know what to do with this information, nor do I know where to put it, so I guess here will have to do

22. Kiana

When someone is courteous and asks if I need to use the restroom before they shower or do a time consuming skincare routine in the bathroom or something and I say no but then I have to go like two minutes later.

Colby Searcy and trevorshmevor like this.
  23. 1D38729C-6326-40F3-8A50-71496CE83F77.jpeg

angrycandy likes this.
  24. Carmen SD

Trusted

My apartments tell us we’re not allowed to have anything hanging from our patios/balcony’s or anything on the ledge. Also nothing on the walls of patios or balcony. Yet so many people have things hanging/on the ledge. Doesn’t seem like they’re doing anything about it though. You’d think they’d fine people by now with the amount of notices they sent to everyone.

personally I don’t mind, and like to see how others decorate. And I think we should be allowed to do so. I haven’t seen anything “over the top” to be an issue. But if that’s their lame rule...
    It kinda takes away from tenants trying to make their apt feel like “home”

25. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Decorative Pillows