Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tiny Things That Annoy You • Page 73

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by angrycandy, Apr 1, 2020.

1. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

the devil's advocate is obviously useful for stress-testing arguments. I think the main issue is that that's almost always something you should be doing to yourself, or if you're actually preparing for a debate you might ask someone to do that for you. It's almost never useful when it's unsolicited because the person performing it holds zero stake and isn't acting in good faith - it's just a waste of time for both people. I've seen the term thrown around when it shouldn't be though - for example when someone takes someone's point to it's logical extreme that's not playing the devil's advocate but sometimes it gets confused for that?

2. marsupial jones Sep 21, 2020
    (Last edited: Sep 21, 2020)
    marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Company demands we change our password to some 25 character length fucking number. Like I’m gonna remember that? I can’t remember my four-digit PIN number lol

trevorshmevor likes this.
  3. websites that tell you the password you’re trying to set iSn’T sTrOnG eNoUgH

(especially when it definitely is)

4. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

bug bites

waking season and trevorshmevor like this.
  5. Choking on your own saliva

because 1. just seems like poor design and 2. it always comes out of nowhere and you look absolutely insane to everyone around you

Orla, alina and waking season like this.
  6. angrycandy

having an itch under your skin

trevorshmevor and waking season like this.
  7. angrycandy

this debate~

8. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

constipation

trevorshmevor and angrycandy like this.
  9. Carmen SD

Trusted

Patients who are on their phone and not paying attention when you’re trying to do hour job. It’s rude. I mostly see this with the teen ages. The older adult ones will answer a phone call or make a phone call once you take them back for their appt

angrycandy and trevorshmevor like this.
  10. vidiviciveni

Trusted

People who refuse to use their signal lights

Your indicators are there to INDICATE to the people around you what you're doing. You cannot wait at a red light with everyone else assuming you're going through on the green, only to throw on your left turn signal the instant it turns green. You cannot turn right from the center driving lane - pull the fuck over and turn right. You cannot merge into a lane randomly to the surprise of everyone around you. You cannot stop in the middle of a driving lane for no reason. The amount of people who can't grasp the essentials of aware driving is mind boggling to me

11. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

When a store is out of the one thing you’re looking for

trevorshmevor, jkauf and angrycandy like this.
  12. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Noisy appliances

trevorshmevor, jkauf and angrycandy like this.
  13. angrycandy

when two things you really wanna watch are on at the same time

waking season and trevorshmevor like this.
  14. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

This is one reason I’ve never been super into festivals, I’d be so stressed about missing someone I want to see and having to choose

angrycandy likes this.
  15. Carmen SD

Trusted

My new unit is on the side where there are many “noisy” people. People who shout outside at indecent hours of the night. Loud music I can hear through the walls. Also the floor was filthy when I moved in and it looked like they just moved dirt around and let it dry because when I mopped it was black. I need to finish putting stuff away so I can mop again. It’s turning my feet and my cats feet black! And staining the bedroom carpet. Also the dish washer wasn’t clean and had food particles in it so I had to run it with no dishes in it. Inside of some of the cabinets dirty, but it’s also hard to clean because of the material. I had to put liners down. The stove is missing the light bulb and they’re only doing emergency work orders I have no idea what kind of light bulb it is. The peep hole for the front door blurry and I can’t see anything out of it. So frustrated.

16. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Ruined sneezes

17. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Political ads from conservatives, particularly when they lie outright (so a good 99% of the time)

18. angrycandy

sociopaths

waking season likes this.
  19. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Any kind of stickiness, especially on my hands. It’s the worst sensation.

20. Unspecific units of measurement such as splash, dollop, pinch, dash, etc.

Preserved Moose, angrycandy and Orla like this.
  21. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

When you’re hungry but not really and don’t really know what to make so you make a pizza (or something else quick and easy) and only eat like 1/4 of it and barely even enjoy what you did eat and wonder why you bothered.

Orla, jkauf and waking season like this.
  22. johncairn

When I lose in an online game of Fifa :D

23. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Watery coffee

trevorshmevor and angrycandy like this.
  24. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Don Sweeney

25. Opening credits that go on too long

angrycandy and waking season like this.