Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tiny Things That Annoy You • Page 315

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by angrycandy, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Those "my 5-9 routine before my 9-5" videos. Sometimes they do feel motivating to me to try and get up earlier and be a wellness girlie or something lol but it also feels like another way to not be good enough. Like let's also normalize just getting enough sleep and not having to constantly be productive. It's often women wearing like matching Lululemon sets and drinking their super greens and doing a 1000 step skincare routine and yoga and meditation and getting an expensive smoothie. And like good for them honestly I truly admire the dedication but at the same time I hate them lol

2. How exhausting that thread was this weekend. I shouldn't have engaged, but like...come on. Imagine being a grown man and not being able to take the obvious L.

3. Also, I've said it before, but AJR lmao. I read their Wiki yesterday (don't ask me why) and I'm so tired of trust fund kids with rich parents getting them record deals. Claiming they have synesthesia, which at this point, I'm not even convinced exists. Like, maybe music is just meant to lend itself to visual imagery? Just seems like a way to try and make yourself "different/interesting" when every young artist is claiming it at this point.

Sorry, I'm on one this morning. God that band sucks.

4. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Trying to eat while numb from novocaine

5. That random pain you sometimes get where your eye feels sore for no discernible reason

6. AgonizingFir

Currently Distracted Supporter

If you want to say something say it bro. I’m right here :humpf:

Aaron Mook likes this.
  7. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

When the lady I sit next to at work ends a phone call with "Hang up now", and how she pronounces capisce "ahgabeesh" like she's fucking Tony Soprano.

(She's a terrible transphobe, that keeps telling people stuff like, getting the vaccine made her gain so much weight, so basically everything about her sucks)

imthesheriff likes this.
  8. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

not gonna be around much for a bit

i don't know where to put this but i'm not at all well. my thoughts are scaring me and I don't know if i'll be able to deal with this one

I feel like i have nothing and I just want to die. i'm scared because i've never felt like this. the only person in the world that I love and want to be with broke my heart yesterday then told me that i broke my own heart. and it's only gotten worse from there. I can't cry anymore. I have no hope. I'm just numb

9. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I hope you’re okay man, feel free to DM me if you need to talk/vent or anything.

10. AgonizingFir

Currently Distracted Supporter

Same for me @angrycandy you have people here who care about you. Please don’t hesitate to reach out

11. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Same here but absolutely no pressure to reach out!

12. marsupial jones

First world problem - how certain apps default to a generic waiting screen or something if you have it paused for two long. Feel like Hulu waits a few minutes while Amazon Prime is like 10 seconds. Most of the time I can just press play and it continues but some automatically leave the app entirely or go back to the app Home Screen

AgonizingFir and JoshIsMediocre like this.
  13. spreadthehummus2321

wanna go for a ryyyde

damn im sorry man. i think i can speak for everyone here when i say your presence here makes this place a lot better. please be easy on yourself the world needs people like you

14. marsupial jones

Annoyed with both stores and myself for not checking when they have things on sale so I buy a couple of them only to find out it’s on sale / B1G1 because they expire or have a Best Buy date that is like 12 hours from now.

JoshIsMediocre likes this.
  15. Daniel Mar 22, 2023
    (Last edited: Mar 22, 2023)
    Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

I've been eating really well and losing weight recently. I really hate the pressure and temptation in offices to participate in eating like shit or having to be pretend to be grateful when the company provides a shitty meal. I had to explain to like 10 people the other day why I wasn't having pizza that was brought in, and now there's a table full of terrible food right behind my desk for a "graze all day" day and I was pressured to eat by the whole office.

16. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

We’ll miss you, but we’re here for ya

17. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

If I was rich I'd carry around like 10 pairs of headphones with me at all times and pass them out to people who think it's okay to have their music/tiktok/youtube/whatever playing loudly in public like we all want to hear.

18. angrycandy

I really hope someone makes that a video series

the world need it

19. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

I feel like so many of those people do it for attention and are looking for someone to confront them. I remember a dude listening to a Trump SOTU out loud on his phone in the middle of Trader Joe's and you know he was just waiting for someone to say something.

20. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Every other commercial being for Draft Kings or some other sports gambling site

21. angrycandy

yeah it's gotten ridiculous

22. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

It’s been extra bad recently now that MA just legalized sports gambling. Doesn’t help that I’ve been watching tons of college basketball and hockey recently but it’s been everywhere.

23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

it definitely feels like it should be illegal

24. spreadthehummus2321

wanna go for a ryyyde

i didnt know till recently that a lot of places besides vegas have gambling machines in like gas stations and shit. my states lottery has their own simulated car racing games its so dumb. i mean i like gambling and people should be free to do it but seems pretty predatory to me. capitalism really cant legalize/regulate a common vice without exploiting poor people.

25. spreadthehummus2321

wanna go for a ryyyde

and the gambling apps commercials are extra infuriating tbh because sports is legitimately a healthy distraction for a lot of people trying to kick addictions. you should be able to watch a basketball game w/o being persuaded to buy beer and make bets every couple minutes imo