Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tiny Things That Annoy You • Page 17

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by angrycandy, Apr 1, 2020.

1. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

agreed. Not that every album is a concept album or has a full “identity” or anything, but putting a cover in a regular album surrounded by your own songs just seems... Idk.. random as hell? As if you don’t care or have no issue with sequencing of the album or if the cover expresses your feelings / vision for that part of the album better than you could yourself lol

waking season likes this.
  2. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

I never knew Torn by Natalie Imbruglia was a cover. Nor dancing in the moonlight by toploader.

my whole life is a lie

3. I don’t mind it as long as it fits with the record sonically, has place in the record thematically, and deviates enough from the original that I’m able to totally separate it in my mind. Frances Quinlan checked all those boxes with her Built To Spill cover on her record earlier this year

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I love cover songs but I know I can be in the minority on that

waking season likes this.
  5. Renee

dry clean only Prestigious

Second winter aka air conditioning

Kiana likes this.
  6. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

Going to the guitar center website ONCE and it now being the auto fill URL every time i press G even though i go to The Guardian way more often

trevorshmevor and waking season like this.
  7. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Targeted ads. If I see an ad for something I’d be interested in I look it up on another device in an incognito window and switch to data/wifi depending on what I was using when I saw the ad.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  8. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I really hate the look of long nails. like anything that extends past your fingertip looks gross to me.

trevorshmevor and waking season like this.
  9. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

People who don't let the microwave timer go all the way to 0. Grinds my gears

DickyCullz likes this.
  10. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Coil stove burners

11. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

People that pronounce “pictures” as “pitchers” sometimes, but not every time.

same with “library” and “libary” and other words.

12. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

When hearing acoustic music, the sound of the finger sliding on the guitar string as the musician slides along the fretboard annoys the FUCK out of me. Like, get that shit out of here. Guhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

angrycandy likes this.
  13. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

when you go to skip ahead on a YouTube video but you have to watch an ad first

14. angrycandy

eye boogers

15. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

In piano-focused music, when notes are played, when you can hear the felt being hit, and then a split second later the actual music. Seems like something piano artists have been introducing just in the last several years, and it annoys the shit out of me as well. I don't get it; all we care about is the music the piano is generating, and not whatever other sounds the piano generates while you're playing the notes. GUhhh

16. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I actually enjoy both of these but a squeaky kick drum pedal drives me nuts

Ken and trevorshmevor like this.
  17. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

a bad burning blunt

18. It doesn’t bother me anymore really but I used to get reeeeally annoyed if you could hear singers breathing inwards constantly in their music. It’s one of those things I didn't ever think about until I heard it once and then it would become all I heard

19. Renee

dry clean only Prestigious

The lack of lyrics on streaming services. If they even are available, it's never on all devices. I just want to song along

Dirty Sanchez and trevorshmevor like this.
  20. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

mice

21. angrycandy

roaches

22. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

The “no one:________ Me/person/group of people: *comment*” meme format. It makes no sense.

23. It took me a very long time to get past this lol. I’m mostly over it now but if I think about it too hard it still bugs the shit out of me

angrycandy likes this.
  24. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I thought it just meant that someone is doing something that nobody asked for or wanted

supernovagirl and GrantCloud like this.
  25. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Cleaning up after sex

angrycandy likes this.