Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tiny Things That Annoy You • Page 102

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by angrycandy, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Adults who film their kids being bratty on social media. It's not cute or precocious you are creating lil future demons who see they get lots of attention when they're being lil punks. Like sometimes my nephew throws a fit that I low-key think is ridic and amusing and try not to laugh but I feel like posting it online is just encouragement

2. Carmen SD

Trusted

Hulu not allowing me to use my debit card instead of my credit card

trevorshmevor likes this.
  3. The overwhelming amount of laundry to do after a vacation

4. Kiana

I hate that in the summer my laundry seems to double because I feel so gross and sweaty every time I leave my house

5. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Oh man, I'm the total opposite. I have extra large loads in the winter because of my bulky, warm clothes. Shorts and t shirts take up less space :-)

6. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

People calling me “ma’am” on the phone.

7. Lol funny enough the place I just got back from was actually Portland! It was a.... sweaty trip. I live in Arizona and picked the wrong time to try escaping the heat haha

Kiana likes this.
  8. Carmen SD

Trusted

Ross store doesn’t have an actual website to view items.

9. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Accidentally swallowing a fruit snack whole

10. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

idk what they're called. seal? plug? pull tab? but whatever those things are that you have to pull to open half & half. well, mine broke today and I had to punch through it with scissors :upside:

11. Carmen SD

Trusted

People won’t date you now just because you won’t get the covid vaccine

12. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

I think that’s going to be pretty common. I personally wouldn’t waste time talking with someone who won’t get it.

13. angrycandy

so I do like most versions that I have tried, but this new trend of every candy bar (and maybe even cookies, too?) having a "thin" version of it (which is basically just giving you less) is a rather annoying one tbh

waking season and trevorshmevor like this.
  14. marsupial jones

yep! I think it started with “minis” for Oreos or something where they came in a bag or box and tasted the exact same but were just miniature in size, but the amount overall was less than the normal size but the cost was the same as the normal size. Some were even more!

now, I get that just because it’s smaller doesn’t mean it’s always easier to make and whatnot, but once companies and marketing departments figured out that these would actually sell then it just turned into a free for all.

Ironically drinks seem to work the opposite - a 20 oz. bottle of soda costs twice as much as the 2 liter bottle and that’s been basically in place since the dawn of time lol

waking season and angrycandy like this.
  15. marsupial jones

Kind of related and I should just tweet Mountain Dew about this:

A can of Diet Mountain Dew says 0 calories but the front of the can says “low calorie” but a bottle of Diet Mountain a few days 5 calories.

Am I eating the plastic on the bottle? Where are the 5 calories coming from? And for the cans - which one is it??? 0 or “low” calories?

angrycandy likes this.
  16. Yeah. I understand hesitancy if you normally experience extreme reactions to vaccines — but at some point, which I think is probably not far off if not already passed, it will become very hard to distinguish between the “I’m just not ready yet” people and the “full blown anti-vax” people. ESPECIALLY with strangers on the internet. It’s hard to blame people that are doing their part to help the country move past the pandemic for not wanting to fraternize with people who refuse to do so

With that said, I also don’t know how hard it is to get the shot in other states. In Arizona it’s been extremely easy since like February for anyone of age. It may be more difficult elsewhere

17. marsupial jones

your second paragraph is a great point and something I had not considered. I just learned like two weeks ago how almost impossible it is to get shots in Canada yet, so it definitely is possible that other areas have issues too.

with that said, and I was going to edit my post, I’m not saying people who don’t get vaccinated are bad and that one decision not to get vaccinated doesn’t categorize them for life or become their new #1 characteristic or personality trait. Yes, it certainly seems to lead down a less than idealized road of other behaviors I don’t agree with and don’t want to associate with, but I’m also not going to think the worst of something just because they don’t get vaccinated.

18. angrycandy

John Cena

19. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

……

you won’t get the vaccine?

RyanPm40 likes this.
  20. Carmen SD

Trusted

Let me send you a private message so I don’t get a swarm of people attacking me

21. angrycandy

I really hope that no one who frequents this thread would outright attack you

waking season likes this.
  22. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

It's totally understandable if there is a valid medical reason and your doctor recommends against it. I have nothing against that.

Otherwise, it's ignoring the advice of public health experts and officials during a deadly pandemic. There are risks, but they are far outweighed by the risk of contracting and spreading the virus to other vulnerable people (in addition to potentially creating vaccine-resistant variants of the virus)

23. Carmen SD

Trusted

Tall trash bags that aren’t really tall. That 13 gallon bag does not fit my tall trash bin. I need the 18 gal

24. marsupial jones

I just dealt with this myself! The box says “tall kitchen garbage bags” but the bag only goes up to my knee. That is not tall. Maybe the box was packed with the wrong bags or someone doesn’t know what tall means.

25. Kiana

Containers that have packaging designed in such a way that you can't tell how much product is left until it's already gone