Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tiny Moving Parts Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Marc, Apr 3, 2016.

1. morken

Not everything means something, honey Supporter

I've never listened to these guys before, but this album was really good! I love that guitar work. Are the earlier albums similar?

2. Collins

Trusted

Just finished my first listen of the new record. They've basically become the emo bayside but it doesn't bother me. They have their sound and they do it well. Lyrics are cheesy but I don't mind it, their instrumentation more than makes up for it. Their show with Prawn and Free Throw is going to be dopeeeeee

3. Collins

Trusted

This record is a little bit more straightforward but not too different. The first two albums have awesome guitar work.

morken likes this.
  4. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

the show at 7th St Entry was SO GOOD last night! the best they have sounded

5. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

This album especially reminds me of a band but I can't quite put my finger on who exactly i'm thinking of.....la dispute maybe...

6. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

If I really disliked the band's other releases is this one worth checking out? I keep hearing good things and it's making me want to but also too much other good music just came out.

7. Jake Z

Regular

Surprised to see this. To me they changed things up quite a bit on all 3 records while still keeping that distinct core sound. This one was not as math-y as you mentioned, and I LOVE the math rock emo sound. I hope they never abandon that because their talent as musicians is incredible and needs to shine. Groups like TTNG make records that all sound alike but are revered because they are sick musically. I see this band in the same way.

ECV likes this.
  8. Collins

Trusted

I agree on that I don't want them to abandon the math rock sound. Dylan is such a fun guitarist to watch live and Billy is ridiculous as well. I love TTNG but these guys are more fun to sing a long with.

Jake Z likes this.
  9. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

What was it about their other records that you disliked? If it was the guitar work, you might like this as it's more straightforward. If it was the vocals you probably won't be super into this either.

VanMastaIteHab likes this.
  10. Jake Z

Regular

Agreed. Just a super fun band with incredible musicianship. I have never been a huge lyrics guy as long as the other parts are good.

11. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

It was mostly the vocals I think, but not the voice specifically. More the lyrics like I'm pretty sure the first album starts with him yelling "I have never been so sad and scared at the same time" or something and I've never been able to get past it.

Idk, I'll probably still check it out. This band has always seemed like something I'd be into but just can't for some reason. Maybe this one will click.

Ryan Garner likes this.
  12. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

First time I saw TMP was on tour with The Wonder Years. Went to a few dates and one was the first night of tour. I've never seen somebody so happy to be on stage as Dylan was. He shreds, too.

13. Collins

Trusted

I've spoken to the band at every show I've seen them at. They are literally the sweetest, most humble dudes. Last show I was at they just hung out in the crowd with me and some friends for a solid 10-15 minutes. They have no ego whatsoever. They honestly deserve all the success in the world.

pauljgreco likes this.
  14. Horrorca

Trusted

I liked the first, has a peculiar atmosphere I can appreciate

second one couldn't listen to more than one song per sitting - can't even remember it, honestly

this one - this one is really good too guitar work is fucking good (and love those tones) and it's clean cut and fresh - melodramatic, sure - but, you know...

15. Horrorca

Trusted

fuck that "it's yr birthday" line, tho - seriously

16. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

really enjoying this. good progression.

17. devenstonow

Noobie

I don't think that's a terrible line in context.

Now, the line "there's blood on my flannel, courage in my flask' line kinda sucks. Like, you don't even rhyme with flannel, just say, 'blood on my shirt'

pauljgreco likes this.
  18. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

That album is phenomenal, mostly the guitar work, bit like every bit of those songs, the drumming is really fresh and energetic, it's a great listen! I don't know what's so fucking wrong with a bit of cheesiness in the lyrics, I, for one, simply don't mind - some of those words are what a young adult could honestly write down with a bit of straightforwardness, and it's ok, it's going to be relatable for a lot of younger listeners, and it's not a problem if I don't releate to some of that and so on.

ECV and Jake Z like this.
  19. Lindsay M

drunk on the radio waves

It's not so much that I dislike the lyrics, although some are really clunky, but the vocals/delivery aren't up to par for me. I do like the guitar work a lot. "Common Cold" is an early favorite mostly because Conor Murphy

20. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

@Lindsay M yes, "Common Cold" is great and I adore Conor's parts over there.. Matt's vocals on the other hand, just need some getting used to, he's not a perfect singer, but watching him play and sing, hmm it won't be too much to say it makes me happy somehow :)

21. Lindsay M

drunk on the radio waves

I agree! I did really enjoy watching them live. It's just that something about the album falls a little flat

22. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

This album isn't very good.

I like it a lot.

23. danielalee12

Regular

Really, why don't you think it's good? I love it and have been alternating between this and goodness for the last week

24. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

The vocals and lyrics are still not good. That said, I wasn't kidding about enjoying it. I only listened once but I really liked it

25. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

@Zac Djamoos it's exactly what most people agree on, I think - you have to put these vocals in your mind as a different form of it, it doesn't have to be what is already out there, and it's still enjoyable, which in my mind, makes it good in the end ;p ;d

Zac Djamoos likes this.