Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tiny Moving Parts Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Marc, Apr 3, 2016.

1. sawhney[rusted]

luv is blind

Their best work so far. Between this and The Coloring Book, I'm listening to a lot of "happy" music haha

2. TakeLotsWithAlcohol

Regular Prestigious

I love the music on this record but some of the lyrics just make me cringe so much. It really turned me off from the album. I'm sure I'll try and revisit it again some day but I didn't care for it after the first listen.

Joel likes this.
  3. fortunately for me then, i don't pay attention to lyrics the majority of the time! this album rules.

Jake Z likes this.
  4. Jake Z

Regular

I'm the same way man. Album rips.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  5. btr

Trusted Supporter

Immediately jumped to my Top 5 releases this year. This band deserves everyone's attention.

coleslawed and bradsonemanband like this.
  6. danielalee12

Regular

What're your favorites so far?

7. Somehow avoided hearing this band even after hearing amazing things about them for the last couple of years. Just checked this out and I'm pretty impressed!

8. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Usually don't go for the pop-punkish sound. But hot damn, this is quite enjoyable.

9. Jake Z

Regular

I wouldn't call this pop punk. Their previous releases were very math-y emo with incredible guitar work. This is a bit more refined as far as that goes, but yeah-album is awesome.

amorningofsleep likes this.
  10. Kmil

Trusted

Been spinning this since the stream released, damn it's good. "Birdhouse" is my favorite at the moment.

Toner and Jake Z like this.
  11. devenstonow

Noobie

Got my pre-order for this today :D

12. mikeyxxcore

Newbie Prestigious

(hi blake!)
    I love their whole discography and I love that they are seemingly such a fun band but the lyrics have always been a buzzkill for me. The lyrics seem like they were written by a high schooler.

TakeLotsWithAlcohol likes this.
  13. HalfHearted

Regular

Easily the best album these guys have produced. Probably in the top 2 or 3 AOTY for me.

14. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

did he literally just say "I love it when you hold me like a baby?"

Not sure how anybody can take this band seriously. Good riffs though!

trevorshmevor likes this.
  15. yeah, that line stood out to me too, haha. not my favorite song. but yeah, musically, this band is amazing.

16. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

yeah between the lyrics and vocals this band is close to unlistenable for me, haha

17. Jake Z

Regular

Different strokes. I'm not bothered by lyrics and like the vocals. The music is the main show here, and it's great.

bradsonemanband and coleslawed like this.
  18. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Probably made a mistake trying to listen to this after the new Hotelier record, but it's decent. Nothing really stands out as being amazing, but I think their songwriting has definitely improved a lot.

19. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

Today is my birthday, the album is out and seeing them at the Entry tonight. Best day.

coleslawed, redwing91007 and Jake Z like this.
  20. iamNex

www.instagram.com/sadsongsalbumcovers

New LP is fucking awesome. Common Cold is a standout track.

21. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

haven't gotten a chance to listen yet, but I'm bummed to hear that the lyrics haven't gotten better. they were always a weak point for this band.

however, still excited to listen to this once I get past chance the rapper, PUP, and the hotelier.

22. jorbjorb

7 rings

really cool album

23. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Never really checked them out but I figured today would be a good chance to give the new record a spin. So far it's super solid. Guess I'll be hanging around this thread a little more.

Jake Z likes this.
  24. Really digging this album too, which is great because I never got into Pleasant Living.

25. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

I need to hear this