Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tiny Moving Parts - Swell (January 26, 2018) Album • Page 9

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by btr, Dec 7, 2017.

1. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Yeah, this is the kind of statement I was hoping for and one of the best thought out I've ever seen. Real action is happening and now it's up to us as listeners to decide if it warrants us still supporting the band or not.

2. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I’m happy to see they seem to be handling this appropriately and respectfully. Hope their fans will do the same

Carrow likes this.
  3. Facebook comments as any indication, they probably won't. Gross.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  4. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Figures

5. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

If these allegations have anything to do with Dylan's platform as a musician, I have reservations about them continuing to tour, even if they actually are giving 100% of their take to charity. And also, are they going to keep giving their earnings to charity forever (I know this isn't realistic)? What did the victim say about them continuing to tour? Is this what the victim wanted? Does Dylan even know what the victim wanted? Did he ask?

A lot of questions here. It's certainly worded better than most statements are. Still, don't know how to feel about it right now.

6. This is a decent statement but I do have to cackle at the idea that a week of therapy is akin to rehabilitation. Again, that's sort of besides the point and I get that it wasn't the only thing that got mentioned, but that particular line of the statement is comical even if it feels true to him.

I'm still tired and dunno how I feel about this band regardless but that's a personal thing.

7. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Amazing that he's admitted it happened but there's still white boys on the internet doubting that it's true

8. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

It’s always hard when there are so many blanks to fill in. Glad he’s getting help, glad he’s trying to change. Wish both sides the best.

solxace, chewbacca110 and Carrow like this.
  9. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I don't think he was saying he's fully rehabilitated now because he has gone to therapy for a week. He said he started going to therapy after finding out about the accusation, and is committed to continuing therapy.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  10. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

It’s unfornate anything happened at all, but it happened and there’s no erasing that. It’s good to see a plan in place and laid out on what’s next for him and the victim involved. Now it’s about being held accountable and following through with the plan. It’ll be a long road for both parties.

chewbacca110 and KidLightning like this.
  11. I get that. I was commenting on the phrasing.

KidLightning likes this.
  12. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

One of my all time favorite bands. And being from Minnesota I have seen them so many many times.

I'm so very disappointed and so very sad for the victim. Not really sure what else to say atm.