Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tiny Moving Parts - Swell (January 26, 2018) Album • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by btr, Dec 7, 2017.

1. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Yeah, it seemed to happen out of nowhere. I hope he's healthy!

2. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

he made a twitter (i think) post a while back about it! he was working on getting himself in shape

chewbacca110 likes this.
  3. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

Two new songs (or a new one and a remastered old one)

4. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I see For The Sake Of Brevity is from their Moving To Antarctica album. Fish Bowl must be brand new then? Didn't see it on any of their old albums.

5. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

wouldn’t mind a full re-recording of Antarctica ala twiabp & Formlessness.

6. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

coleslawed and y2jayjk like this.
  7. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

That rules

8. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

9. god fucking dammit

10. MegT585

Trusted

Ugh.

11. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

nothing huh? really thought they would address this today

12. The longer this goes unaddressed the more disappointed I am in them. Ugh.

13. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Who knows if they've even seen it yet. The tweet hasn't gained much traction, at least that I've seen.

14. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

here's the thing, do you want a rushed statement or something more thought out and thoughtful to the situation. If it's true it won't matter but if it isn't true, they need to be careful how he addresses it so that it doesn't discourage people from coming out in the future. It's a really delicate situation but I'm confident they will address it at some point. Also people have tagged them on twitter, so I would assume they know. Also both of the accounts have been radio silent for a few days which usually means this is being taken seriously.

15. MegT585

Trusted

I totally agree with this, but I’m also upset that it has been a week now with absolutely nothing addressing it. They could even put out a quick sentence saying that they are looking into it.

Anthony_ and ItsAndrew like this.
  16. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

"We are aware of the allegations against Dylan and are preparing a statement. Stay tuned."

Not hard to do at all. Total radio silence looks worse every day.

coleslawed and Carrow like this.
  17. Yeah this is such a bad look for them.

18. Anthony_

Not saying anything makes it seem like they're hoping it goes mostly unnoticed and then slowly fades away. Whether that is or isn't what they're actually doing. Just stupid at best and outright evil at worst.

Anna Acosta and Carrow like this.
  19. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

When does the tour start??

Edit: 3/27 we will hear something by then

Mostly bc I don’t think worlds greatest dad would stay on the tour if it wasn’t addressed

tyramail likes this.
  20. MegT585

Trusted

I was thinking this same thing. I’m going to drive an hour for this tour mainly to see worlds greatest dad (it was my album of the year last year and I’ve never seen them). I am guessing they 100% would drop off - and if so hopefully they will come up with alternative touring plans.

Carrow likes this.
  21. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

This band is a joke and it's even more apparent now. This is embarrassing.

22. Anthony_

I mean, commenting on the quality of the band is completely and utterly irrelevant right now, but go off

23. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Wtf.

24. Mason

Regular

Hey Everyone,

Last week I found out that an accusation of sexual assault was made against me by an anonymous individual. I apologize for how long it has taken me to respond. I really wanted to take the time to address the claim with the openness it deserved and do right by the other person involved.

I sincerely apologize to this person who was harmed by my actions. I value this person's privacy and want to do all I can to respect them while validating their experience, howev...er they allow me to. It was never my intention to violate anyone or make them feel unsafe. Since this happened, I have learned a lot about the difference between expressed and implied consent and also now recognize how some of my behavior could have been harmful.

Also, for the sake of transparency, I want to share with you the steps that have been taken since last week. When the actions were brought to my attention, I looked into the best way to get in touch with this person and provide them a space to safely share their story while retaining privacy and confidentiality. I reached out to a professional mediator who has experience with sexual assault survivors and restorative justice and they agreed to get involved.

Mediation was offered and the person responded that they wanted a week to think it over. During that time, I saw a therapist who has helped me to better understand how my actions in the past could have had harmful consequences. After a week, they came back and said that they weren't ready to go through with mediation, which is 100% their right that I validate and respect. It’s their story and their choice to tell it whenever or if ever they are ready. The door is always open if they’d like pursue mediation in the future.

Moving forward, I would like to make some positive and restorative steps including:

- Donating the proceeds from our upcoming tour to Peace Over Violence (https://www.peaceoverviolence.org), RAINN (https://www.rainn.org) and the Joyful Heart Foundation (http://www.joyfulheartfoundation.org)
    - Work to raise up marginalized voices by giving them time to speak on stage about important issues and table at our shows
    - Commit myself to ongoing therapy and continue to learn more about how I can do better while holding myself and others accountable

I apologize to anyone who has been hurt, disappointed or triggered by this news. Please respect this person’s privacy by allowing them to remain anonymous and refrain from messaging or harassing them.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

- Dylan

From their FB

25. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I think that is one of the better statements of this nature that I have read. The victim is addressed respectively, there is plan of action for resolution on a timeline that suits the victim's needs, blame was not cast aside but accepted and a promise for change was made, the band is making monetary and activist decisions to promote organizations that aid in these instances.