Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tiny Moving Parts / Mom Jeans / Oso Oso Tour • Page 6

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by JaytotheGee, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Austin sold out and they upgraded to the outside stage, which is pretty big (Jeff Rosenstock / The Menzingers tour / Pinegrove tour played it). Really happy for all 3 bands. I know mom jeans gets a lot of shit but I think their music rules and they are good people.

2. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I didn’t “get” tiny moving parts before tonight but holy shit they can play their instruments.

3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

a good, fun live band that makes not great music

4. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I wish I would've made it to their show Tuesday.

I'm still getting over a cold, and it was pouring rain, so I wound up selling my ticket. Hopefully they'll be added to my date of the Wonder Years tour now that their headlining show has passed.

5. cwhit

they will, don't worry

suicidesaints likes this.
  6. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Yeah, I like their latest album a bit, mostly because those Jetty Bones backing vocals and how catchy some of the songs are, but I definitely am not a fan of anything that came before. But I couldn't help but be amazed at the guitar work / drumming live.

Also, Mom Jeans. is a good band Casey.

Turkeylegz and TJ Wells like this.
  7. tshreve

Metalicca

mom jeans is bad band

Contender and cwhit like this.
  8. cwhit

see

9. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I get that people think they are kind of a MoBo ripoff, but when MoBo first started they were also pretty bad. I remember they could barely play their instruments and god knows neither one of them could sing. Even after YGMIA (which is a good album, sure) they were still pretty spotty live. Eric isn't a bad vocalist and they are definitely better musicians than MoBo were at first. I feel like we need to give them the chance to follow up the debut before writing them off. I'm not saying they are the next greatest band or whatever, but as a surface level band they are a ton of fun.

I WILL CONVINCE YOU YET CASEY.

br10pb and JaytotheGee like this.
  10. atlas

Trusted

Mom Jeans' set was great fun and I very much enjoyed watching them but every time I try to listen to their recorded material the vocals are just an instant dealbreaker

Turkeylegz likes this.
  11. oldboot

Regular

My thoughts exactly, had to turn the record off like 3 songs in

12. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Yup. Just saw that they were added to my local listing.

13. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I liked Best Buds when I first heard it. I listened to it a lot for a couple of weeks but haven't really come back to it. I'll probably listen to it more as Bled Fest gets closer though.

14. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I can't believe that Mom Jeans. is the hill I'm choosing to die on after so many years of AP / chorus lol

15. heymeg

They have songs from before they were signed that literally rip off modern baseball songs, people don't say it as a criticism or sounding similar. Brendon actually addressed it on Twitter a few months ago without naming names and said they apologized for it. If you're curious, they can be found on youtube. All this being said, I enjoy Best Buds.

Contender and TJ Wells like this.
  16. Maybevictor Feb 23, 2018
    (Last edited: Feb 23, 2018)
    Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Edit: found them. I love best buds / splits but this is definitely a bad look. Glad they grew out of that though.

17. cwhit

you thought i meant they were only figuratively ripping off mobo? i meant totally literally, hahaha

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  18. Scott Siegel

If anyone picked up a tour variant of Swell and wants to part with it, holler at me

19. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

There’s one on discogs for $65 right now, which is the cheapest I’ve seen one go for since they sold old.

20. Scott Siegel

Definitely looking for a more reasonable price.

21. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Was pretty bummed I missed out on this, but it turns out all three of these bands will be back in Michigan within the same week on separate tours haha

22. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Who has been opening the show, the local or Oso Oso? Kind of confused by the venue's website, and I'll be running from class and really don't want to miss Oso Oso.

23. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Oso Oso played second at my show but I believe he has been going first on the nights Covet are opening. So depends on who the 4th band is

24. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Bummer

25. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Here’s the Oso Oso setlist. He did offer to play “This Must Be My Exit” after the show acoustically outside so that’s something? Hopefully the inevitable headliner will include that and maybe one or two more from the first album:

The Cool
    Shoes
    The Slope
    The Walk
    Great Big Beaches
    Out of the Blue
    Reindeer Games

thenewmatthewperry likes this.