Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tiny Moving Parts - breathe (September 13, 2019) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by abear182, Jun 24, 2019.

1. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Drip

2. btr

Trusted Supporter

Excited for this tonight!

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  3. abear182

Regular

Haven't had a chance to deep dive into this because of the new Blink album. But from a first listen it sounds very solid.

4. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Only listened once so far but it sounds pretty similar to Swell.

5. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

So this is out but it's very not fun listening and I loved Swell.

Goddammit Dylan.

6. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Really seems to pick up where Swell left off!

Also, do they have a female guest vocalist on a bunch of these? Remember hearing that on Swell as well, but didn't see anyone listed.

7. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Yeah I deleted all of their music from my phone when everything came out. It all kind of rings hollow when the words are being delivered by someone who committed sexual assault. Even more so when that person isn't sorry about it in the slightest.

8. abear182

Regular

Yeah I agree with that! It feels very like Swell b sides. They played it too safe and should have experimented a bit more.

Also yes that is Kelc Galluzzo/Jetty Bones providing the vocals. Her and Dylan are a couple.

ZooZooChaCha likes this.
  9. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

I love how Kelc kinda jumps in as almost a 4th member at times! I haven’t listened yet, but I’m looking forward to doing it during a drive tomorrow.

10. sukottokairu

Regular

i think this is way better than Swell actually. to me Swell didn't have much variety at all and not enough screaming. this one seems both more catchy and heavy at times, although i really wish the bass player would do more vocals!

11. MegT585

Trusted

I keep trying to get into this bc I loved Swell but this is just so boring to me

12. Kevin_MI

I'm also finding this album really boring for some reason. I was so excited for this release too.

13. sukottokairu

Regular

so interesting how opinions can differ so much. i thought Swell was their most boring album by far.

14. morken

Not everything means something, honey Supporter

Yeah this album did absolutely nothing for me. Way too safe and bland. I liked their last couple albums, but it's like nothing is going on here.

Antoher ting: I wonder how many more songs/albums he's gonna use the exact same vocal melody/motif on. I recognize the same succession of notes everywhere, on every damn song on this one and on Swell.

vidiviciveni likes this.
  15. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

nah Swell had some of their best hooks of all time.

16. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Yeah last two albums were fantastic and this is just a retread of Swell but super safe and boring. Oh well.

17. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

I was suprised see another release so quickly but they probably should have just held off for another year. I sure hope the band has some new ideas for the next album...

18. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, have to agree with most people in here. New album is fine. Nothing special. Everything on this could easily fit on Swell. Some nice, catchy stuff on here though.

19. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Two new songs out on a 7 inch.

20. sukottokairu

Regular

Guardians is really cool! i hope we get more of that back and forth vocal dynamic on the next album, it's been kinda missing from the last two!

21. Anthony_

Gross!

22. btr

Trusted Supporter

Songs are cool, these guys are machines with pumping out tunes.

23. Anthony_

also machines at sweeping r*pe allegations neatly under the rug

thenewmatthewperry and Carrow like this.
  24. Heron182

Regular

Awesome!