Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tiny Moving Parts – Swell • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

So gooood! and well, shit, I'll be also turning thirty at the end of this year, and I couldn't care less - this album resonates with me a lot, hopefully It'll stay like this for some time still. Absolutely need some kind of energy like that, meaning I'll definitely keep listening to that album throughout other seasons, too.

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  2. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

Its mainly just the whole 'emo' style. I think it's more of a personal hang up, the lyrics aren't particularly bad but they often hark back to a issues that I had in my 20's and no longer have in my 30's. It just doesn't resonate when I really pay attention to what the songs are about, and the style of vocals just screams throwback to what I listened to in high school that for the most part I've grown out of.

CMilliken likes this.
  3. grimis16

Regular

I just turned 35 and I feel the same. I'm enjoying the album a lot, but yeah I do feel a bit immature for liking it. Reminds me of Just Surrender which brings back memories of my angsty early 20s.

4. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

I also take most of that as a throwback, either when it comes to style or context, but there's nothing embarassing in that - I don't feel I need to really relate to that personally at this age, it's just good enough to embrace that kind of narrative. But I get that, I probably took it after my mother - she still watches high school movies at the age of 60.

5. Hazelnutsack

Irregular

Everyone who liked this or didn’t like this please check out all of their previous albums from this couch onward, it’s worlds better and more original than this.

6. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Most of people here are familiar with their previous albums, I'm sure ;D

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  7. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

y2jayjk likes this.
  8. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

9. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Does anybody have the b-side "Organs" and could send it to me? ;D

y2jayjk likes this.
  10. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

Same. I would also love to hear that song .

11. markofthebuzz

I haven't been able to get an answer on this but does anyone know if Cacie from Now, Now is the female vocal on "Feel Alive"? It really sounds like her to me and they have the Minnesota tie!

12. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

it's not, singer of jetty bones

13. markofthebuzz

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm gonna have to check out Jetty Bones!

14. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

BRAIN CELLS SWELL!

Bartek T. and Dan O'Neill like this.