Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tinashe Band • Page 15

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Chaplain Tappman, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Gwen

11:11 // Resident Queen Prestigious

She’s so hypnotizing ugh I love her.

St. Nate likes this.
  2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

She's already teasing new music from an upcoming project called Nashe

3. Letterbomb31 Jun 24, 2018
    (Last edited: Jun 24, 2018)
    Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

So Joyride only reached #58 on the US Billboard 200, selling 9,800 album-equivalent units in its first week, of which 4,710 came from pure sales. Previously, Nightride reached #89 and Aquarius made it to #17. According to Wiki, "The album sales are a decrease in what was originally predicted, being originally predicted to sell 15,000-20,000 album-equivalent units, with 5,000-7,000 being pure sales." Does anyone know what this means for her career? Will she be dropped from her label? I genuinely have no idea how any of this stuff works

4. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Any of you listen to H.E.R. before? Just recently discovered her; giving me Tinashe/Kelala/BANKS/Kehlani vibes. Really digging her album that came out last year

skogsraet likes this.
  5. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I have.

I have also seen a tweet catch on that goes ''H.E.R. is who SZA thinks she sounds like'' or something dumb like that and I was like omgggg that is so dumb, these dumb people.

6. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

It's hard to say these days, but I think being dropped wouldn't hurt her.

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  7. irthesteve

I like H.E.R. overall, but don't think she's quite there yet. Great voice with subpar, and very similar, songs

8. What. People should listen to more R&B stuff to realize that it's more diverse than they think.

9. irthesteve

Nashe mixtape coming soon, first single "Like I Used To" is out this Friday

cover art

[​IMG]

10. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Is Nashe another project or just Tinashe shortened?

11. irthesteve

Huh? It's a new mixtape, so I guess yes it's a new project? But it's also Tinashe shortened. So... both?

12. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Can’t be worse than Joyride

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  13. sawhney[rusted]2

Lol I’m dumb. The mixtapes name’s Nashe, not that it’s another “artist side project” lmao

14. irthesteve

Oooooooh now I get it hah, yeah it's gonna be Tinashe - "Nashe" if that helps :-)

15. irthesteve

Out at midnight

16. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

New song is great. It's interesting that she's going to release a project so soon after Joyride, almost as if she just wants everyone to forget about it.

17. sawhney[rusted]2

New song is fantastic. Get the new project out ASAP to wash that Joyride taste out

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  18. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Good song. Definitely would like more in this style.

19. The Lucky Moose

Yeah I really like this. I hope she moves on from whatever disaster of a label she has been on.

20. irthesteve

Yeah this song is solid

21. akkeri

I saw somewhere that Hitmaka is exec producing Nashe which I'm very happy about.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  22. The Lucky Moose Jul 14, 2018
    (Last edited: Jul 14, 2018)
    The Lucky Moose

I agree.

I do want to highlight something in that regard because I know some people on this board care a lot about things like this: Hitmaka, which made some mostly forgotten but really catchy commercial rap songs (culminating in one album) in the 00s under the name Young Berg, has been accused of assaulting his former girlfriend.

https://m.eonline.com/news/596258/y...ter-arrest-over-alleged-assault-on-girlfriend

He also made a beat for the new Ariana album I think.

sawhney[rusted]2 and skogsraet like this.
  23. akkeri

Oh, I didn't know that (about the accusation). Thanks for the heads up.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  24. The Lucky Moose

It’s an inconsistency that annoys me, even as someone that usually seperates art and artists. The cynic in me says that the reason outlets often don’t talk about stuff like this involung producers is because it’s simply way too inconvenient for them to do, because producers usually are involved in many more projects than performers are, and outlets wouldn’t want to have something like a story about Hitmaka’s behaviour disturb their carefully designed Ariana Grande coverage and narrative. When it’s a performer on the other hand they can score easy woke points.

EDIT: So many typos.

skogsraet likes this.
  25. irthesteve

I can 100% understand how "Joyride" was almost a Rihanna song