Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tinashe Band • Page 14

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Chaplain Tappman, Mar 8, 2016.

1. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Anyone else thing the track Joyride sounds like 808s Kanye?

2. just because the timing is funny

St. Nate likes this.
  3. ryan.conde

Who is Ryan? Prestigious

I'm really into it so far. I agree Nightride is definitely more interesting and consistent of a listen at first but this has a bit of everything from the Mixtapes and Albums that came before. I actually that it'd be a more of a brighter counterpart of Nightride, and in some ways it is, but in interviews she kinda made it seem like it was gonna be full on pop

After all this albums been through it's nice to see that it's finally out and it's pretty good. She herself has kinda said that at this point she just wants it out, so I wouldn't be surprised if she releases another mixtape soon

4. ryan.conde Apr 13, 2018
    (Last edited: Apr 13, 2018)
    ryan.conde

Who is Ryan? Prestigious

The original version had Travis in it and it sounded very Anti so I could definitely see why Rih wanted the track

beachdude42 and St. Nate like this.
  5. St. Nate

6. St. Nate

Still never seen her live unfortunately.

Can't wait until she tours.

7. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

if nightride is better than this then i'm not interested

8. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

On first listen, this is really underwhelming. I mean, it's an okay album, but I was kind of hoping for a lot more than that.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  9. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I'd imagine there are about 5 versions of this album on hard drives somewhere

ryan.conde likes this.
  10. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

my initial reactions to this were definitely heightened due to my choice of liquids that day

but this is still very good

irthesteve, beachdude42 and cwhit like this.
  11. Gwen

11:11 // Resident Queen Prestigious

Anyone who knows me knows how excited for this album I was - Aquarius is top 5 albums of all time for me, and she’s probably tied with the 1975 as my favorite artist making music right now.

And while on first couple of listens I do think it’s good, I can’t help but feel disappointed. Mostly because I feel like this isn’t Tinashe’s version of Joyride, it’s “compromised”. Her labels version. I’m looking for songs like “Aquarius”, “Just the Way I Like You”, “Just a Taste”, or even “Lucid Dreaming” and they’re just not here. It feels like her label pushed her to be more “hard” or poppier because it sells better, and just...meh.

Maybe on more listens I’ll bond with it more. I’m just glad this album is finally released so she can move on and maybe get back to making the music *she* wants to make.

ryan.conde and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  12. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I’m really enjoying this. I agree Aquarius and Nightride are probably more consistent overall, but this album has plenty of great highs as well.

13. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Enjoyable on first listen, I'm sure it'll show itself more as I give more listens. I do admit, I kinda understand why a major label would delay this album so much, not really any BIG hits on here.

14. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

*grumbles* because they cut Superlove

15. irthesteve

I think Flame had mass potential, bummed it didn't work... love that track

16. irthesteve

Jesus.... this album sold less than 10k SPS, not even in the Top 50 sellers of the week :tear:

17. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

I take this comment back, I don't even think the album is "okay" now. The more I listen to it, the less I like it. The only songs that I actually enjoy are the singles and "Fires and Flames". I wouldn't consider any of them to be among her best songs tho. Everything else on this record is forgettable and subpar

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  18. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I need to listen to this again, but "Fires and Flames" is the only song that stood out to me

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  19. HarmonyinC

I think the record is good, just not as impactful as her other stuff. Aquarius blew me away the first time I heard it. Nightride was more of a grower for me, but became one of my fav albums of that year.

A few of the songs have gotten stuck in my head over the past week (No Contest, Stuck with Me) but I don’t know if I’ll revisit this as much as her past work.

I’m glad that she finally got to put this out, but I’m more interested in what she does next. Hopefully there’s a tour for this, or at least she can open for someone else this summer.

I went to the original Joyride tour back in 2016 and it was awesome. Come to think of it, only one of the songs she played actually ended up on the album: Fires & Flames.

20. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

unfortunately i've had no desire to return to this since it came out

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  21. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Same

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  22. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah this album is bad

23. irthesteve